Camden Depot: The National's Letter

weams

First of all, that's an excellent article, digesting in pretty objective fashion a lot of detailed information, with links to the sources for anyone who is interested.

Personally, I have some sympathy for the Nats here. The RSDC decision was informally known for two years now. MLB delayed issuing it to try to broker an extra contractual solution that would provide more value to both sides than the RSDC outcome. They couldn't agree, and now they are entering the fourth year of a five year reset period without having been paid what the RSDC says they're due. That's why the $25 mm was paid. MASN tried to create the public impression that the $25 mm loan influenced the RSDC's decision, but the truth is, that decision already had been made so it had no influence at all.

I'm sure the Court won't grant the interim relief the Nats have asked for now. I think the Nats know that, but filed the request as a way of sending a message that they don't want any further delays in a process that has dragged on about three years longer than expected.

Archived