#10 Maryland @ Nebraska 3/8

Tip is at 7:30.

This game is meaningless for Maryland in terms of the B1G.

It could still mean a lot in terms of the NCAA tournament though. If Maryland wants any shot at a 2-seed, they'll have to win this. Also, Maryland is currently 4-4 in conference on the road so a winning record would be really nice. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw decent minutes from bench players in this one. Avoiding injuries and fatigue is a must at this point in the season.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Losing this game would pretty much lock them into a 3 seed, I think. I really think there should be more discussion about MD being a 2 seed though. Wichita State losing yesterday is great for MD possibly being a 2. The way I see it, Maryland is the 7th best team in the country (ahead of Gonzaga, Wichita State and Kansas). They should be a lock for a 2 if they win today and do well (and hopefully win) the Big Ten Tourney.

Edit: Didn't realize that Kansas has played the toughest schedule in the country this year when I typed this. They probably deserve a #2 seed. Even so, that would make MD the 8th best team in the country and still deserving of the final 2 seed.

Losing this game would pretty much lock them into a 3 seed, I think. I really think there should be more discussion about MD being a 2 seed though. Wichita State losing yesterday is great for MD possibly being a 2. The way I see it, Maryland is the 7th best team in the country (ahead of Gonzaga, Wichita State and Kansas). They should be a lock for a 2 if they win today and do well (and hopefully win) the Big Ten Tourney.

Edit: Didn't realize that Kansas has played the toughest schedule in the country this year when I typed this. They probably deserve a #2 seed. Even so, that would make MD the 8th best team in the country and still deserving of the final 2 seed.

Yeah Kansas won the toughest league in the country outright... Barring a horrible performance in the conference tournament, they're a 2 seed.

This game doesn't matter at all if MD wins at least two games in the B1G tourney. I could see starters getting some rest.

Trimble is getting rest alright but not for the reasons we want.

Hope they figure things out here shortly.

Another sluggish start for the road Terps. BTW, as much as I've enjoyed this season, the last time I have to watch Smotryc will be a good day.

Yes, yes it will. And how did the one thing he actually used to do well,shooting the three, did he become so ridiculously horrible at....

I think Dez Wells will carry us as far as he can possibly take us and it will be a blast to watch.

Yes, yes it will. And how did the one thing he actually used to do well,shooting the three, did he become so ridiculously horrible at....

I think Dez Wells will carry us as far as he can possibly take us and it will be a blast to watch.

Yep, I've become a big Dez fan this season.

Another sluggish start for the road Terps. BTW, as much as I've enjoyed this season, the last time I have to watch Smotryc will be a good day.

Smotrycz has been playing injured all season. He's still one of our better defenders. All the hate on him is silly, IMHO.

Smotrycz has been playing injured all season. He's still one of our better defenders. All the hate on him is silly, IMHO.

Sorry Dan. Have to completely disagree especially with him on defense from what I've seen he can barely move his feet. He has done an occasional smart or helpful thing but I do not see him as productive at all. Regardless his minutes have definitely been cut down so I don't think it really matters.

On another note I really wish these referees would swallow their whistles.

Sorry Dan. Have to completely disagree especially with him on defense from what I've seen he can barely move his feet. He has done an occasional smart or helpful thing but I do not see him as productive at all. Regardless his minutes have definitely been cut down so I don't think it really matters.

Yeah, this hasn't been an enjoyable game to watch. Way too many foul calls.

He had a period where his defense was pretty good but I get the sense that he's reaggravated his injury recently.

Archived