The Yankees Built a Royal Bullpen

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Average 2014 fastball velocity, Yankees' '15 bullpen: Betances 96.7mph; Miller 93.8; Carpenter 95.5; Wilson 95.0; Warren 94.3; Rogers 93.5.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">March 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Average 2014 fastball velocity, Yankees' '15 bullpen: Betances 96.7mph; Miller 93.8; Carpenter 95.5; Wilson 95.0; Warren 94.3; Rogers 93.5.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="
">March 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would have listed them either alphabetically or by velocity.

What did Buster do, declining projected inning of primary usage?

They were pretty good last year too with Robertson now being replaced by Miller.

The Yankee's issues are going to be whether Beltran,Arod,Tex,Ellsbury can stay healthy. Not to mention Tanaka & Pineda.

Betances is really something to watch though. Completely dominant.

They were pretty good last year too with Robertson now being replaced by Miller.

The Yankee's issues are going to be whether Beltran,Arod,Tex,Ellsbury can stay healthy. Not to mention Tanaka & Pineda.

Betances is really something to watch though. Completely dominant.

Except when facing Schoop. ;)

Delin Betances didn’t know his fastball topped out at 94 mph on Tuesday night against the Tigers at George M. Steinbrenner Field.

All the Yankees’ giant right-handed closer candidate understood was that it was short of the gas he hurled last season when he lived in the high 90s and reached 100 mph a few times.

“I haven’t asked about it, but it’s nowhere near where it should be,’’ Betances said after a rocky frame in which his first eight pitches were out of the strike zone. “The more I pitch, that will come. Last year in spring training I trusted it more. This year I am trying to do too much instead of trusting what I have. The more I pitch the better I feel. I have always been like that.’’

http://nypost.com/2015/03/25/betances-my-velocity-nowhere-near-where-it-should-be/

Archived