The Royals are Smokin Hot

CA-ORIOLE

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only the haters and the ignorant would call them a fluke.

Do you check this site every day to see if someone says something about the Royals? You don't post for 6 months and then all of the sudden someone says something about the Royals and you pounce on it. Kind of creepy.

Yeah, definitely creepy that Royals poster. Not exactly helping your team's fan image there bud.

As for the Royals team, I don't think they're a fluke at all. They have a great bullpen, great defense, tons of speed, do a lot of different things well. They're kind of like the O's imo. Underrated and greater than the sum of their parts.

I feel like there have been a lot of teams that unexpectedly made the playoffs one year, then started the following season incredibly hot. Sometimes they stay hot, but sometimes they don't.

Right now, the Royals have five starters hitting .360 or higher. That won't be sustained. Their bullpen is excellent, but they haven't allowed a run yet in 7 games, and that's not sustainable either. It's a long season, and though I won't be surprised to see the Royals make the playoffs again, they will come down to earth eventually.

The Royals are definitely legit and I didn't think they were a fluke last year but to go with what Frobby is saying, they're not going to be this hot throughout the season. You're never as great as you look when you're smoking and you're never as bad when you're at your absolute worst either.

Only the haters and the ignorant would call them a fluke.

KC has been good for a little over a year now. That is not enough to be considered legit contenders. They have a lot of question marks to answer this year. And Baltimore was still considered a fluke well into last year even though they had winning records for two plus years.

KC has been good for a little over a year now. That is not enough to be considered legit contenders. They have a lot of question marks to answer this year. And Baltimore was still considered a fluke well into last year even though they had winning records for two plus years.

Precisely. Great point about how we had people calling us a fluke well into last season.

The Royals have 4 starters with an OPS of 1130 or better. They're on pace for 231 HRs, 1203 RS and 416 runs given up. Clearly they're going to be the best team in the history of the world.

Or. They are real lucky again. Eventually, lucky becomes good. I am not there yet.

Archived