Sit Davis against all hardthrowers

ChuckS

Buck needs to seriously consider this. The guy hasn't been able to hit a good fastball without cheating for over a year. Gotta consider playing Delmon Young and Lough ahead of Davis on those days.

The fact that Davis hasn't drawn any walks yet I think is more evidence that he is overcompensating big time.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess he sucks vs any pitch.......

Davis IMO is the least of this teams concerns. He is a power hitter who will have nights like this.

I haven't seen too many power hitters look as bad as Davis. He's in Adam Dunn territory right now. The bad Adam Dunn years. I don't think it can be dismissed as just an off night for a power hitter. The point I was trying to make in on my OP is that there are certain pitchers that Davis just has no shot against (zero) and that shouldn't be the case for any major league hitter.

I guess he sucks vs any pitch.......

Davis IMO is the least of this teams concerns. He is a power hitter who will have nights like this.

I respectfully disagree -- it isn't that Davis had four strikeouts as much as how he looked in doing so. He was swinging and missing at strikes all night. Three of the pitches Betances threw him were extremely hittable -- middle of the plate, slightly down. He connects with one of those and the Orioles probably win the game 7-6. He is the biggest question mark in the lineup and potentially the biggest liability, and he hit third. Unless we see improvement soon, it will be a major problem.

Archived