Might makes Wright

Frobby

Who gets the call first: Wilson or Wright?

Toss up but I would lean Wright. Really SJ would be my fiirst choice if he stays healthy. But he would have to come up and stick. Which wouldn't exactly make sense to replace Garcia with him right now. But come June if SJ is back to the 2012 version than bring him up for good.

Who gets the call first: Wilson or Wright?

I think it depends on who is available by when they last pitched. For example, they may prefer to bring up Wright, but if they play 18 innings tonight, they'll need to select someone who could pitch Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it depends on who is available by when they last pitched. For example, they may prefer to bring up Wright, but if they play 18 innings tonight, they'll need to select someone who could pitch Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is almost definitely the right answer. Good call.

I know I will get flack for this but I think they ought to send Gausman down for a while and give Wright his spot. Imo Gausman has a live arm but not polished enough to pitch well at the major league level so needs to go down and learn how to pitch and dominate AAA hitters for a while.

I know I will get flack for this but I think they ought to send Gausman down for a while and give Wright his spot. Imo Gausman has a live arm but not polished enough to pitch well at the major league level so needs to go down and learn how to pitch and dominate AAA hitters for a while.

See, I wasn't going to give you flack until you had to add those last few words at the end.

He needs to get his pitches in order. He needs to practice elevating his fastball and improving his curve.

He doesn't need to "dominate AAA hitters".

He needs to work on what will dominate MLB hitters.

J

See, I wasn't going to give you flack until you had to add those last few words at the end.

He needs to get his pitches in order. He needs to practice elevating his fastball and improving his curve.

He doesn't need to "dominate AAA hitters".

He needs to work on what will dominate MLB hitters.

I think he needs to do both actually if he ever hopes to hit his ceiling as a #2 or #3 major league starting pitcher. There are journeymen relievers that I would expect to pitch as well or maybe even better as how he has been pitching out of the pen. Imo he really needs to learn a third pitch that he can control to ever dominate, something off speed. He could best do that pitching as a regular starter in the minors. However, I seem to recall he was very inconsistent even when they tried that with him previously. So leave him there until the minor leagues aren't much of a challenge then bring him up again even if it takes until August!

Archived