Scott Boras is insane.

weams

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
“For example, I would say that the union or somebody may come in and say that they’ve made a claim that this player is major-league ready,” Boras said. “And that to place him in the minor leagues would not be appropriate from a skills standpoint. And then all of a sudden, it’s subject to review by a panel of former managers or baseball experts.”

Insane!

I feel like he's using an Alexander Hamilton-esque tactic here. Suggest something SO ridiculous that the alternative (what you really want) looks like an appealing alternative. Hamilton did something similar to get the Bill of Rights through.

I'm not saying it will work or even that he's doing it intentionally, but it reminded me of an old political tactic.

I feel like he's using an Alexander Hamilton-esque tactic here. Suggest something SO ridiculous that the alternative (what you really want) looks like an appealing alternative. Hamilton did something similar to get the Bill of Rights through.

I'm not saying it will work or even that he's doing it intentionally, but it reminded me of an old political tactic.

I hate to be that guy - but Alexander Hamilton was against the Bill of Rights - Federalist #84:

"I go further, and affirm, that Bills of Rights, in the sense and to the extent in which they are contended for, are not only unnecessary in the proposed Constitution, but would even be dangerous."

http://thinkprogress.org/yglesias/2011/05/20/201061/alexander-hamilton-vs-the-bill-of-rights/

But you are exactly right about the tactic.

I hate to be that guy - but Alexander Hamilton was against the Bill of Rights - Federalist #84:

"I go further, and affirm, that Bills of Rights, in the sense and to the extent in which they are contended for, are not only unnecessary in the proposed Constitution, but would even be dangerous."

http://thinkprogress.org/yglesias/2011/05/20/201061/alexander-hamilton-vs-the-bill-of-rights/

But you are exactly right about the tactic.

Ironic. It my was AP US History teacher that taught that Hamilton understood the need Const/BoR and presented an extremely conservative stance, knowing this make Madison's proposal that much more appealing.

Shrug. Maybe she romanticized him too much?

It would be impossible to say when a player is truely ready. What if they say he is ready and goes 0 for 40 can you send him down. What if he gets bombed as a pitcher?

What if to bring him up you need to put another player on waivers? What if you don't think the guy is mature enough for the bigs?

I don't see the union fighting for something like this as you are just removing one Union member and adding another. How about just say if you play any part of 7 big league seasons you are a free agent? Gets rid of the problem and you don't need panel of experts.

How would anyone define an "expert"? Can I qualify as an "expert" because I have an Orioles 29 game plan and I post on OH? :D

Besides the utter ridiculouslness of the whole idea... THIS is the flaw if you even TRY to think about it seriously. Experts???

Mike Piazza - like 84th round draftee

Matt Hobgood - 1st round

Two quick examples. There are no CONCRETE experts.

It would be impossible to say when a player is truely ready. What if they say he is ready and goes 0 for 40 can you send him down. What if he gets bombed as a pitcher?

What if to bring him up you need to put another player on waivers? What if you don't think the guy is mature enough for the bigs?

I don't see the union fighting for something like this as you are just removing one Union member and adding another. How about just say if you play any part of 7 big league seasons you are a free agent? Gets rid of the problem and you don't need panel of experts.

This Too! Is said prospect indentured to the MLs?

Insane.

Archived