The O's lead the majors in Runs Scored, Homers, RBI

wildcard

The O's also lead the AL in Slugging Pct and OPS. They are third in the AL in Average and OBP.

Quick, someone remind me why the O's should have spent $101M on Cruz and Markakis.

If the defense and pitching come around this team could be dangerous.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we'll be platooning and mixing and matching more than past teams. Buck is doing pretty good job with it so far..... despite the injuries and a few underperformers. Still, some less than stellar pitching staffs in the AL East this year (not talking about ours).

It's easy to post this on April 27th after we just scored 18 runs.

This offense is likely to look very much like the ones we've seen the last few years: Good, not great. Powerful, but not enough baserunners.

I think we are seeing a different hitting approach because of Coolbaugh. Also the additions on Paredes and Snider seem to be able to get on base. Joseph and Schoop may hit better than last year. The power is still there but it not all or nothing as much this year.

I think we are seeing a different hitting approach because of Coolbaugh. Also the additions on Paredes and Snider seem to be able to get on base. Joseph and Schoop may hit better than last year. The power is still there but it not all or nothing as much this year.

Snider's approach has been nice.

Coolbaugh isn't going to be able to get guys like Jones and Hardy to all of sudden turn into obp machines.

Paredes is getting on base now. Let's see if he's doing it when he's not hitting .600.

And we've put up these numbers playing mostly AL East opponents.

Well, I'll say this much. The Blue Jays and Red Sox have also been playing mostly AL East competition so I'm intrigued that the Orioles without Wieters and Hardy active have matched the Jays and outperformed the Red Sox. And I'm looking at numbers on Fangraphs that have yet to be updated from today's game so it's not like that heavily weights it.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2015&month=0&season1=&ind=0&team=0,ts&players=0

Snider's approach has been nice.

Coolbaugh isn't going to be able to get guys like Jones and Hardy to all of sudden turn into obp machines.

Paredes is getting on base now. Let's see if he's doing it when he's not hitting .600.

Jones is already crediting Cooly with a hitting tip that has helped him. Jones is covering the outside corner the best he has in his O's career right now IMO.

It's easy to post this on April 27th after we just scored 18 runs.

This offense is likely to look very much like the ones we've seen the last few years: Good, not great. Powerful, but not enough baserunners.

We have had a Great and Powerful offense for several seasons. We have had enough baserunners. We have scored enough runs.

Jones is already crediting Cooly with a hitting tip that has helped him. Jones is covering the outside corner the best he has in his O's career right now IMO.

Jones is a good hitter. He's shown streaks in the past where he's covered the plate better. He's very likely going forward very much the same hitter he's been in the past.

We have had a Great and Powerful offense for several seasons. We have had enough baserunners. We have scored enough runs.

I'm not even sure what this means.

Yes, on days when we've scored 18 runs we have had enough base runners.

This offense is good enough to be competitive.

It won't lead the league in runs scored.

Archived