Jimmy Having Himself a Hit Parede(s)

Yardball85

Pardon the awful pun, but it's Monday morning.

Flash in the pan or whatever you wanna call him, in the small sample size known as nearly 1/5 of the season, Paredes is third on the team in hits, despite having only played in 18/29 games.

Also only one hit behind Manny, who has been really picking it up as well. Let's hope he hads in a few more walks and somehow continutes this improbable good start to his season.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What impresses me most about Paredes is that he often goes opposite field for his hits, and most of all, that he routinely hits the ball hard. Almost all of his hits have been line drives, there have been few if any cheap bloops hits or seeing-eye singles. He's squaring it up extremely well against nearly everybody. I expect he'll start to see a lot more off-speed stuff as word gets around, and we'll see how he adjusts to that. But even with a SSS, the guy has been a very pleasant surprise so far.

Pardon the awful pun, but it's Monday morning.

Flash in the pan or whatever you wanna call him, in the small sample size known as nearly 1/5 of the season, Paredes is third on the team in hits, despite having only played in 18/29 games.

Also only one hit behind Manny, who has been really picking it up as well. Let's hope he hads in a few more walks and somehow continutes this improbable good start to his season.

"Walls" is the #nextstevepearce :D

What impresses me most about Paredes is that he often goes opposite field for his hits, and most of all, that he routinely hits the ball hard. Almost all of his hits have been line drives, there have been few if any cheap bloops hits or seeing-eye singles. He's squaring it up extremely well against nearly everybody. I expect he'll start to see a lot more off-speed stuff as word gets around, and we'll see how he adjusts to that. But even with a SSS, the guy has been a very pleasant surprise so far.

This. Spraying line drives everywhere, even has his share of lineouts.. Left, right, center, the ball just comes off his bat well. He'll get his share of K's but he had a good quote the other day that he's aggressive early because he doesn't want to be passive in waiting for his pitch, or something. I like the kid.

Archived