Mike Wright Today, 2015

OFFNY

o

******O CAREER MAJOR LEAGUE DEBUT O******

22 OUTS: 9 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 6 Strikeouts, 4 Flyouts, 2 Popouts

DENNIS MICHAEL WRIGHT O(vs. ANGELS, 5/17)

IP:. 7.33

H:;; 4 (1 Double, 3 Singles)

R:l) 0

BB: 0

SO: 6

Pitches: 90 (59 Strikes, 31 Balls)

2015 ERA: 0.00

PITCHES BY INNING

15 (9 Strikes, 6 Balls)

13 (9 Strikes, 4 Balls)

10 (6 Strikes, 4 Balls)

12 (8 Strikes, 4 Balls)

13 (8 Strikes, 5 Balls)

13 (8 Strikes, 5 Balls)

81 (7 Strikes, 1 Balls)

61 (4 Strikes, 2 Balls) *

* Wright recorded 1 out before departing in the 8th inning.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said this in the other thread, but it bears repeating, I like how Wright varies the speed of his FB and he gets good armside run. The varying speeds today allowed him to leave some in the tank and on his last SO he hit 97mph. The secondaries don't look to be plus pitches but he does throw them for strikes.

Quite a lot of weak contact today against a light hitting Angels team. I'd like to see him again but I'm not sure we get the chance right away.

Wright said he was better after the AS break last year when he made some mechanical changes with Griffin and learned to relax. It definitely has made a difference.

"A lot of people ask me why I don't throw every pitch max effort," Wright said. "I've tried that before and my top velo is not as good as it would be if I wasn't putting 100 percent effort into it. I don't know how many innings I could actually go - that is tough on your arm. When I am throwing harder, sometimes the sink disappears."

http://m.masn.mobi/steve-melewski/2014/11/talking-velocity-with-mike-wright-and-a-quick-take-on-the-josh-donaldson-deal.html

o

******O CAREER MAJOR LEAGUE DEBUT O******

22 OUTS: 9 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 6 Strikeouts, 4 Flyouts, 2 Popouts

DENNIS MICHAEL WRIGHT O(vs. ANGELS, 5/17)

IP:. 7.33

H:;; 4 (1 Double, 3 Singles)

R:l) 0

BB: 0

SO: 6

Pitches: 90 (59 Strikes, 31 Balls)

2015 ERA: 0.00

PITCHES BY INNING

15 (9 Strikes, 6 Balls)

13 (9 Strikes, 4 Balls)

10 (6 Strikes, 4 Balls)

12 (8 Strikes, 4 Balls)

13 (8 Strikes, 5 Balls)

13 (8 Strikes, 5 Balls)

81 (7 Strikes, 1 Balls)

61 (4 Strikes, 2 Balls) *

* Wright recorded 1 out before departing in the 8th inning.

Wow. That must have fun to watch.

Ubaldo's breaking stuff was better, but Wright spotted a 97-mph fastball in a performance that might have just eclipsed Gausman at his best. Against the Angels.

In Orioles lore, this will be pretty historic.

I mentioned this in the game thread - Ubaldo's first start against Toronto was probably the best individual performance this year, but this was close. I think Ubaldo's game score was 82 and Wright put up a 76. Either way, this is the most fun I have had watching the O's since the playoffs last year. This was a game we had no shot at winning on paper, but the kid came up big for us in his MLB debut.

I mentioned this in the game thread - Ubaldo's first start against Toronto was probably the best individual performance this year, but this was close. I think Ubaldo's game score was 82 and Wright put up a 76. Either way, this is the most fun I have had watching the O's since the playoffs last year. This was a game we had no shot at winning on paper, but the kid came up big for us in his MLB debut.

Garrett Richards was an outstanding adversary.

Archived