Yermin Mercedes

Triple Crown

Been watching a few extended spring training games and one of the guys that has jumped out a little bit is Mercedes. He was released from the Nationals organization, but this kid can really hit. They're playing him at catcher and he's also played some third base, but a very impressive hitter. I don't know if his defense is going to play at the higher levels, but his bat should get him a look

Been watching a few extended spring training games and one of the guys that has jumped out a little bit is Mercedes. He was released from the Nationals organization, but this kid can really hit. They're playing him at catcher and he's also played some third base, but a very impressive hitter. I don't know if his defense is going to play at the higher levels, but his bat should get him a look

Feel free to send me some photos.

Thanks for the report but at 22 he should look good.

Agreed that's an advanced age, but there are a few older guys still down here and he's looked quite a bit better than most. Including one 28 yr old who wears #32 and hasn't gotten a hit in any spring training or extended games I've watched.

Mercedes continuing to light it up in the games I've been watching, also Flaherty played at second today and Sisco was DH'ing. What I saw Flaherty was 1 for 3 and Sisco was 2 for 3.

Sorry Weams not a photo savvy kind of guy or I would hook you up

Agreed that's an advanced age, but there are a few older guys still down here and he's looked quite a bit better than most. Including one 28 yr old who wears #32 and hasn't gotten a hit in any spring training or extended games I've watched.��

#32 seems to still be hesitant to fully extend his TJ arm while batting.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd update this thread. Mercedes in his last 10 games has a AVG of 361 and has boosted his OPS to an even 800 after his slow start. He's also has 42% caught stealing, the one draw back I see in the 5 PB's, but all in all has adjusted well to Delmarva

Yermin Mercedes hit a 9th inning grand slam last night, but unfortunately, it was NOT a walkoff. He also had a double. That’s 5 multi-hit games in the last 6, in which he has raised his average 52 points to .281. On Wednesday, he hit a 456 foot (Trackman device measurement) HR.

He has slimmed down noticeably in his relatively short time here.

His throws to 2B are improved, but needs more work on his throws to 3B

Yermin Mercedes hit a 9th inning grand slam last night, but unfortunately, it was NOT a walkoff. He also had a double. That’s 5 multi-hit games in the last 6, in which he has raised his average 52 points to .281. On Wednesday, he hit a 456 foot (Trackman device measurement) HR.

He has slimmed down noticeably in his relatively short time here.

His throws to 2B are improved, but needs more work on his throws to 3B

That's a legit home run there.

Archived