Tyler Wilson Ongoing 2015

Crazysilver03

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the deal with Wilson? Roch yesterday and today made it sound like there is a deadline on him being on the taxi squad. Today 8 pm I think. What's the rule?

I heard him say 24 hours on the radio, but I don't fully understand it.

What's the deal with Wilson? Roch yesterday and today made it sound like there is a deadline on him being on the taxi squad. Today 8 pm I think. What's the rule?
I heard him say 24 hours on the radio, but I don't fully understand it.
A club can recall a player from a minor league Optional Assignment and place the player on its "Taxi Squad" for one day. If the player is not added to his club's MLB Active List by 3 PM (Eastern) the next day or at least three hours prior to the scheduled start of the next day's game (whichever is later), the player must be removed from the Taxi Squad and returned to his minor league assignment. A player on the Taxi Squad does not count against his club's MLB Active List, and the player does not accrue MLB Service Time while on the Taxi Squad. The most common reason to recall a player and place him on the Taxi Squad is when a club is considering whether to place a player on the Disabled List but has not yet decided.

http://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3506

Couldn't we just send down M.Wright. Have Tyler Wilson as a fresh arm. Then DL Norris or Tillman to bring Wright back before the usual 10 days it requires to leave someone down. One way to manipulate the roster.

It accomplishes the same thing if Wright just stays on the roster and they DL Norris. They shouldn't need a fresh arm yet with the way off today.

Archived