Rays' minor league team cancels 'A-Rod Juice Box' promotion

kelsey59

I posted this here becuase Ripken Baseball owns the team.

The Charlotte Stone Crabs of the Florida State League on Friday night abruptly canceled the promotion that barbed slugger Alex Rodriguez after a complaint by the New York Yankees.

The Class A team had planned the giveaway for the first 500 fans at its game in Port Charlotte against Tampa, a Yankees' affiliate. The writing on the boxes said ''100% percent juiced'' with side effects that included ''tainted records, inflated ego, omission from the Hall of Fame, and more!''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rays-minor-league-team-cancels-rod-juice-box-225101193--mlb.html

It may not be in the best taste - but I think it is funny promo. The Yankee's need to lighten up.

I posted this here becuase Ripken Baseball owns the team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rays-minor-league-team-cancels-rod-juice-box-225101193--mlb.html

It may not be in the best taste - but I think it is funny promo. The Yankee's need to lighten up.

The Yankees are using the fact that A-Rod juices to try to get out of paying him money they are contractually obligated to pay.

How can they complain about anyone else capitalizing on that fact, to a far lesser degree than $6 million??

The Yankees are using the fact that A-Rod juices to try to get out of paying him money they are contractually obligated to pay.

How can they complain about anyone else capitalizing on that fact, to a far lesser degree than $6 million??

No kidding, the Yanks should be encouraging this kind of promotion. That juice box could be Exhibit A in their case.

Because they're unabashed hypocrites?

This is so surprising. The Yankees generally don't take themselves too seriously, and they're usually willing to let others have a laugh at their expense. :rolleyes: I guess they don't want to hurt A-Rod's feelings and risk disruption to the team chemistry that has them on a 1-9 roll.

Archived