Brock Holt - RF

Hanley Ramirez - LF

David Ortiz - DH

Mike Napoli - 1B

Pablo Sandoval - 3B

Xander Bogaerts - SS

Mookie Betts - CF

Blake Swihart - C

Eduardo Jose Hernandez Rodriguez - LHP (2-0, 1.61 ERA)

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Manny Machado - 3B

Delmon Young - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Matt Wieters - C

Chris Davis - DH

Nolan Reimold - LF

Steve Pearce - 1B

James Jerry Hardy - SS

Ryan Flaherty - 2B

Miguel Angel Martin Gonzalez - RHP (5-4, 3.54 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• The illness and reported weight loss have increased the chance he gets sent down from my perspective.  Let's review: 1. Hays is struggling like we haven't seen since Chris Davis 2. There is no easy way to get him playing time vs any RHP when Cowser, Mullins, Santander, O'Hearn, Mounty, and Rutschman are all hitting 3. The Orioles desperately need his bat to come to life vs LHP but he is a DP waiting to happen 4. That leaves playing time as a defensive replacement and even with the expanded LF at OPACY, that's a modest defensive context and a large offensive responsibility relative to other players in the league Norby may struggle when he is first called up, but he would give the club what it needs as a viable RHB with some positional versatility for 2 weeks or longer if required and service time can't be a consideration any more for Connor.  That may be long enough to get Hays back on track. I still think the Orioles may show undue loyalty to Hays as a player-relations move, but that also sends a terrible message to the Norfolk 4 who have to be wondering what they need to do.  I'd now handicap it as 15-25% that he gets sent down by 5/15.
    • If the O's had evaluated correctly they wouldn't have traded for him last year! More like the Mets flubbed it. I think most folks thought that was a bit of an odd signing after the season he had last year.
    • How about both!??!?! 🤔
    • If he can’t get through the 1st inning in a minor league game, FA is the least of his worries. 
    • It has certainly been a slow start for Basallo in AA. Still very early of course, but not loving the 11-0 K-BB ratio. That's unlike him at any level so he may be pressing a bit.
    • Yohan Ramírez is low man on the totem pole but in a true meritocracy Mike Baumann would be vulnerable.  Jacob Webb has done a nice job so far but I saw a 90 mph and nothing higher than 93 mph yesterday.  I’d put him in that group of not totally secure.     Suarez seems like he could be a high leverage nugget if he can’t last in the rotation.  All things being equal, if Bradish comes back, prefer to see Wells in the rotation and Suarez in the 7th and 8th inning role unless Suarez can consistently do a 5 and dive like yesterday. P.S.  Jacob Webb’s fastball is down from 94.9 last year to 91.7 this year.   That’s concerning to say the least.
    • I don't know if the Means camp can force a binding agreement that a minor league stint won't impact his free agency. Without that guarantee I don't see him agreeing to be sent down.
  • Popular Contributors