Chance Sisco....(Promoted to Norfolk)

EagleOriole

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad he's finally healthy and back in the lineup (knock on wood).

This minor league season has pretty much been a disaster from a top prospect standpoint. Harvey hasn't pitched an inning. Bundy is on the shelf with arm issues and Sisco has missed most of the season with two separate DL stints.

Here is hoping to better fortune in the second half.

RIght back at it. We needed that from Cisco. Right now Mancini and Reyes are the only other prospects having a "good" year. In Full Season ball a couple guys are a nice hot streak away from going to an average to good year. Walker, G.Davis, Yaz, Hart and Leyva. Then Murphy, Heim and Wilkerson need to just get healthy. I've given up on Esposito, Marin and G.Roza.

RIght back at it. We needed that from Cisco. Right now Mancini and Reyes are the only other prospects having a "good" year. In Full Season ball a couple guys are a nice hot streak away from going to an average to good year. Walker, G.Davis, Yaz, Hart and Leyva. Then Murphy, Heim and Wilkerson need to just get healthy. I've given up on Esposito, Marin and G.Roza.

Add Alvarez to that hot streak mix, he's on a tear right now.

I'm very glad to see Sisco getting his season into gear after a slow start and then the injuries. Hopefully he can stay healthy the rest of the way and continue to play well. He's gotta set an example for all those high school bats we drafted!

I'm very glad to see Sisco getting his season into gear after a slow start and then the injuries. Hopefully he can stay healthy the rest of the way and continue to play well. He's gotta set an example for all those high school bats we drafted!

I was thinking this way, but he's only played 19 games, so his whole season is really just starting. The "slow" part that we're talking about was just the first 9 games, barely the start of the start, so to speak. Over the past ten, he's hitting .364 and for the full 19 games, .281. Don't know if he'll catch in the majors, but I am pretty excited about his hitting!

I was just thinking that he has some similarities to B.J. Surhoff.

Good comp. I actually wouldn't be opposed to him moving to another position sooner rather than later. He has the potential for a special bat, and catching 130 games a year has a tendency to lead to fatigue/injuries and suppress hitting potential (ex: Mauer, Wieters). His defense isn't on par with those guys, and we have Heim in the same draft class who by all accounts is a much better defender. I'd rather leave the catching to guys with less upside in the bat, and maximize his hitting potential at a different position.

Has anyone seen Sisco in these recent games? It would be great to hear how he has looked when throwing down to second base. On the radio today, they mentioned most of the Nationals steals were well timed and didn't leave much of an opportunity for Chance to make a play.

As I said in the ML forum, he has some really great numbers so far in his career. If he develops average power, he could really be something. HOWEVER, he has thrown out just 3 of 37 base runners so far this year. One would think the Orioles catching instructors have had enough time to teach him the position. I understand there is a learning curve but with numbers like those, the writing is on the wall. A position switch is needed. Let's get this kid's bat moving through the system as an infielder and forget the catching experiment. Hopefully, Heim and Murphy can develop at the position.

Do we maintain the Surhoff comp and see him as third baseman/corner outfielder?

As I said in the ML forum, he has some really great numbers so far in his career. If he develops average power, he could really be something. HOWEVER, he has thrown out just 3 of 37 base runners so far this year. One would think the Orioles catching instructors have had enough time to teach him the position. I understand there is a learning curve but with numbers like those, the writing is on the wall. A position switch is needed. Let's get this kid's bat moving through the system as an infielder and forget the catching experiment. Hopefully, Heim and Murphy can develop at the position.

My guess is that they wouldn't try a position switch in the middle of a season that already has been disrupted with injuries. More likely, they send him to Fall Instructs and have him play somewhere else then.

Archived