2015 13th (403) - Cedric Mullins -CF - Campbell University

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On base all 5 times today (7/12) with 2 walks and his first HR. Obviously a very SSS, but doing extremely well for a 20-year old in the NYPL. I think he'd make my top 20...

Height: 5' 8", Weight: 175 lb. Seems like a ballplayer though.

On base all 5 times today (7/12) with 2 walks and his first HR. Obviously a very SSS, but doing extremely well for a 20-year old in the NYPL. I think he'd make my top 20...

I was at that game in Brooklyn on the 12th and Mullins HR was a nice, well-struck line drive. Not one of those HRs with a different, higher trajectory like, Laurino's. Lots of guys were squaring up very nicely against the Brooklyn pitching.

BTW, I thought Seabrooke pitched quite well in that game. There were some tough ball-strike calls that went against him in the first two innings. I know the Os were hoping there is some additional velo in there as Travis fills out. He could use it as he really wasn't blowing it by guys. Baker should have gotten out of the seventh with a K on a beautiful curve, but the ump also called that a ball when it seemed the entire park was waiting for the K call. Baker had one foot toward the dugout and the catcher held the framing of that pitch for a while, but it was a ball.

Otherwise, came away impressed with the overall soundness of the Aberdeen defense especially compared to that of Brooklyn. Five errors from the Cyclones with the 1B muffing multiple easy plays.

I was at that game in Brooklyn on the 12th and Mullins HR was a nice, well-struck line drive. Not one of those HRs with a different, higher trajectory like, Laurino's. Lots of guys were squaring up very nicely against the Brooklyn pitching.

BTW, I thought Seabrooke pitched quite well in that game. There were some tough ball-strike calls that went against him in the first two innings. I know the Os were hoping there is some additional velo in there as Travis fills out. He could use it as he really wasn't blowing it by guys. Baker should have gotten out of the seventh with a K on a beautiful curve, but the ump also called that a ball when it seemed the entire park was waiting for the K call. Baker had one foot toward the dugout and the catcher held the framing of that pitch for a while, but it was a ball.

Otherwise, came away impressed with the overall soundness of the Aberdeen defense especially compared to that of Brooklyn. Five errors from the Cyclones with the 1B muffing multiple easy plays.

Thanks for the report. Any velo #s in Seabrooke or Baker?

Thanks Tony. I looked around the park for a velo readings, but did not see any.

BTW, I took my son to the game and we were the only ones dressed in Os t-shirts. My son had scored a ball in Camden Yards in the Saturday Nats game the night before when Chris Parmalee threw the warm up ball into the stands. My son had waved his arms frantically and Chris threw it to him. I was watching from our seats at the back of the section and was a bit nervous as the ball was in the air, but I saw my son catch it and he was beyond ecstatic. At the Ironbirds game the next day, he told the players he caught the ball at Camden Yards and the players were impressed and very chatty with him. He had about 20 Ironbirds sign that ball. Then, during the Ironbirds game, he placed himself by the visitor dugout and waited for the Ironbirds defender to toss the ball from the last out into the stands and he earned a second ball that weekend. He had DJ Stewart sign that ball after the game. It was part of our Baseball Extravaganza weekend. The Ironbirds were very gracious with autos and a few took pics with my son. Good people playing for us on the Ironbirds. We will see them again in August at Staten Island.

Archived