Andy MacPhail Going to Phix the Phillies (Team President After the Season)

weams

http://www.csnphilly.com/baseball-philadelphia-phillies/phillies-target-andy-macphail-franchise-leader-pat-gillick

Word is beginning to circulate in well-placed baseball circles that the Phillies have longtime baseball executive Andy MacPhail on their radar as a potential new leader of the franchise.

MacPhail, 63, is a well-respected baseball man who has longstanding relationships with Phillies chairman David Montgomery and club president Pat Gillick. His baseball r?sum? includes serving as general manager of the Minnesota Twins teams that won World Series in 1987 and 1991, as president/CEO of the Chicago Cubs and most recently as president of baseball operations of the Baltimore Orioles. MacPhail left the Orioles when his contract expired after the 2011 season. He was very influential in the rebuilding of an Orioles club that made the postseason in 2012 and 2014.

MacPhail was often mentioned as a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner before Selig?s lieutenant, Rob Manfred, ascended to that post over the winter.

It is not clear what role MacPhail would have if he were to join the Phillies. Gillick, 77, succeeded Montgomery as interim club president late last summer and had the interim tag removed in January. At the time, Gillick made it clear that he did not intend to stay on the job long ? maybe a year or two. In addition to overseeing the baseball side of the organization during his time as president, Gillick was expected to help identify candidates to lead the organization and recommend them to ownership.

He was a President of Baseball OPS with the Orioles. I would assume that title or better.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something tells me JTrea won't be adopting the Phillies as a second favorite team anytime soon. :laughlol:

One time he tried to explain that Peter Angelos WANTED to spend all his money, as was proven back in the 90s, and Andy would not left him.

Interested to see how he approaches the Latin market now.

It is just the Dominican Republic that he hates. He lead the MLB task force that got Jim Bowden fired. And honestly? If a draft is in place? I expect him to draft Dominicans. He just hates the criminals like Rene Gayo.

It is just the Dominican Republic that he hates. He lead the MLB task force that got Jim Bowden fired. And honestly? If a draft is in place? I expect him to draft Dominicans. He just hates the criminals like Rene Gayo.

Was it AM who was going to sign Sano?

"If you want to put $5 million down on batting practice, have at it. Now, in three years, if I'm wrong and I see that's where you should be, then we'll be there. But I am going to need to see proof that I am wrong, that's all."

Do NOT trade with the Phillies under ANY circumstances!

Yeah, I guess that would mean that we wouldn't be trading with the Phillies anymore. I can just see DD in future interview.

Duquette: "I went into the talks trying to get the Phillies to take one of our relievers for roster management purposes. The next thing I know, we have several new cases of baseballs, and they now have the Bowie Baysox. I still don't know what happened."

Archived