Mountcastle makes his debut

Fred Manfraud

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Name alone I got to root for him.

Too much potential for shillelagh references.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UdEiH6BbiDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He will be an Orioles. He will.

Seen Mountcastle a couple times now and definitely looks the part, very athletic and has a compact swing for such a big kid. Defensively doesn't look very good, don't know what will be his best position, but definitely not SS. One of the kids I've been impressed with early on is Heinrich, just turned 19 and has a very good approach at the plate, all SSS's we"ll see how it plays out

Always appreciate your eyewitness accounts. Any other observations? Seamus Curran is a big kid and only 17. Any pitchers stand out?

Thanks, enjoy watching these guys and sharing some observations from time to time. Curran is interesting, definitely not overmatched and makes good contact. I saw him take a pitch to deep left center for a triple on Friday, going to have to watch a few more games. The only pitcher I've seen much of so far is Alvarado, he throws strikes, tops out at around 90. It's his second year here, I'm not sure his stuff will play at much higher levels, but he's off to a good start

Thanks, enjoy watching these guys and sharing some observations from time to time. Curran is interesting, definitely not overmatched and makes good contact. I saw him take a pitch to deep left center for a triple on Friday, going to have to watch a few more games. The only pitcher I've seen much of so far is Alvarado, he throws strikes, tops out at around 90. It's his second year here, I'm not sure his stuff will play at much higher levels, but he's off to a good start

You're the man. Awesome stuff, thanks. I'm sure I speak for several others too when I say a report on Ofelky Peralta would be greatly appreciated. Would love to know what kind of stuff he is throwing.

Mountcastle stole his fourth base in four attempts today. He may put on some weight as he bulks up on a pro team lifting regimen so the speed may decline, but this has been a nice surprise.

He's hit in his last four games including two multi-hit games. Gotta cut down on the strike outs, though, averaging more than 1:4 ABs.

Archived