Dylan Bundy (Begins Throwing Program)

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dylan Bundy still has inflammation in shoulder after follow up MRA yesterday. Buck said <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> plan to take more tests. Still shelved.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6.725 including next year.

Wow. He doesn't need to work a day in his life ever again assuming he never pitches again.

Heck, you can probably get by with $500k at early age invested wisely and never work again.

Jealous:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I think there is a good case to be made for trading him before next season. I realize his value is low now but it will become even lower once he is stuck on the 2016 Orioles ML roster. I don't see how he is going to be successful next season with such little experience at any level of play beyond high school. If they play him in 2016, he will probably hurt the team, and if they don't play him, his skills will atrophy even further.

Maybe it's best for both the Orioles and Bundy for him to start fresh in another team's minor league system if the Orioles can get a significant piece out of the deal.

Honestly I think there is a good case to be made for trading him before next season. I realize his value is low now but it will become even lower once he is stuck on the 2016 Orioles ML roster. I don't see how he is going to be successful next season with such little experience at any level of play beyond high school. If they play him in 2016, he will probably hurt the team, and if they don't play him, his skills will atrophy even further.

Maybe it's best for both the Orioles and Bundy for him to start fresh in another team's minor league system if the Orioles can get a significant piece out of the deal.

I think it is best for him to play as an Oriole next season as he is under team control until 2021.

How can he play in someone else's minor league system? If he is out of options it doesn't matter who he is with. He will be in someone's bullpen next year. Unless on injury rehab.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If the issue is forced, I'd be fine with him being stashed in the MLB bullpen next year, to see what he can do. Treat him like a Rule 5 guy you don't really want to play but don't want to lose. The Orioles are completely in love with Ryan Flaherty and they like MacFarland, I bet they try to hold onto Bundy even if he struggles throughout next year.

My guess is 60-day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DL stint length doesn't effect the length of rehab assignment. If they are trying to hide him than the DL is good but if he is going to develop he needs to be in bullpen for majority of season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived