Any news on Jomar Reyes?

cnmilton

Domar Reyes started the season pretty well. Then, a couple of weeks ago, he became injured. I have not noticed his name in any box scores since. Is he back and playing somewhere and I missed it, or is he still recuperating?

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not playing anywhere right now.

According to weams as of 6/24 he was immobilized for a couple of weeks with a sprained thumb ligament. I guess it's been what, about 3 weeks then? I'd guess he'll start baseball activities again soon, though I haven't heard anything about it. I don't think his return is imminent though.

Our top prospects are snake bitten this year. Reyes was having a breakout season.

True, we have had bad luck with arguably our top 4 prospects (Bundy, Harvey, Sisco, and Reyes) having varying degrees of injury issues. But I think the bigger problem is that our system is thin which makes any amount of injuries more damaging. And with the trade deadline approaching, our system might be getting even thinner...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Prospect Jomar Reyes will begin a rehab assignment on Monday for a thumb injury.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">July 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No way he sticks at 3rd. He's good with grounders hit right at him, but has very limited reach with grounders on either side. He does have power, speed and a very good arm. The visiting scouts here drool over him. He will make an excellent 1B or corner fielder.

Archived