Orioles 30-3 record loss might be in jeopardy tonight

TINSTAAPP

Not only is 5 runs scored by the Rangers already more than the O's 3, but 15 runs ain't even knocking on the door of 30. Not. Close.

Plenty of game to go. The Texas game we lost, it was tied in the 4th. This one is only in the bottom of the 3rd. 11 runs in the 2nd. Brutal.

Plenty of game to go. The Texas game we lost, it was tied in the 7th. This one is only in the bottom of the 3rd. 11 runs in the 2nd. Brutal.

It was 5-3 then they threw up a nine spot in the sixth. Then 10 in the eighth and 6 in the 9th. It was a bloodbath, I was there because I came for game two!! Of course game one ran a little long.

the O's loss was a 27-run deficit.

Right now you're looking at -10 for Texas.

I corrected my Trembley era recollection. O's had a 3 run lead till the 4th. The 6 was a typo and I corrected it in my post.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL200708221.shtml

I fully expect NY to keep the foot on the gas. Who knows how far this will go after putting up 11 in the 2nd and following the next inning with a grand slam. They're the team that put in a reliever with 2 out in the 9th vs. us last week for a matchup when up 9-3.

I corrected my Trembley era recollection. O's had a 3 run lead till the 4th. The 6 was a typo and I corrected it in my post.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL200708221.shtml

I fully expect NY to keep the foot on the gas. Who knows how far this will go after putting up 11 in the 2nd and following the next inning with a grand slam. They're the team that put in a reliever vs. us last week for a matchup when up 9-3.

It's really really difficult to give up runs at that pace for an entire game. Basically, your starter and your middle relievers all have to have their worst games all on the same night.

We've seen position players pitch scoreless innings against good offenses recently. It's just almost unfathomable for a team to continue to hemorrhage runs at that pace, which is what makes that beatdown of the O's so amazing.

It's really really difficult to give up runs at that pace for an entire game. Basically, your starter and your middle relievers all have to have their worst games all on the same night.

We've seen position players pitch scoreless innings against good offenses recently. It's just almost unfathomable for a team to continue to hemorrhage runs at that pace, which is what makes that beatdown of the O's so amazing.

First half of a double header. Otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

You're right, of course. But difficulty or not, I'm pulling for it to be a worse beating to get ours down the record books page ;) And for it to be Texas will be some poetic justice.

You're right, of course. But difficulty or not, I'm pulling for it to be a worse beating to get ours down the record books page ;) And for it to be Texas will be some poetic justice.

I think any notion of justice is more than off-set by the fact that it's the Yankees in the other dugout.

Girardi has got to be one hell of a manager....when was the last season where the Yankees won FEWER games than they should have based on their roster. Every year it seems like they win about 10 games more than they should.....this year might be 20.

Girardi has got to be one hell of a manager....when was the last season where the Yankees won FEWER games than they should have based on their roster. Every year it seems like they win about 10 games more than they should.....this year might be 20.

What? They don't have talent? It's the best money can buy from Tanaka to Aroid. Sorry if you're just being sarcastic.

What? They don't have talent? It's the best money can buy from Tanaka to Aroid. Sorry if you're just being sarcastic.

Sorry but I gotta disagree. They are not a talentless void but Girardi has gotten a ton out of that geriatric crew.

I like when people acknowledge that Buck is one of the best. Being objective its only fair to acknowledge that Girardi is in that small club also. He consistently has gotten better results than he should

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Archived