Jimmy Paredes....

EagleOriole

Where do you see him next year?

Is he a part time player or an everyday player?

Is he a DH forever? Will they try to make him a COF or 1B?

Just want to get people's impressions of this guy. He is a very streaky hitter, but his OPS is still a very reasonable .760

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a big proponent of giving him an opportunity this season. I liked him over Lough when it looked like it would come down to that.

That said, I don't think you can pencil him in as a starter. I'd have him working with Kirby as much as possible to learn a corner outfield position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jury still out.

April: .385/.400/.769 /1.169 OPS (only in 9 games)

May: .291/.328/.427/.755 OPS

June: .319/.342/.493/.835 OPS

July: .200/.243/.257/.500 OPS

As a LHB: .293/.323/.470 /.793 OPS

As a RHB: .261/.306/.326/.632 OPS

I don't think you hand him the DH job next year. See how the remainder of this year plays out.

I see him a platoon DH with his counterpart being right handed and needing to play a couple of positions.. maybe Pearce.

Makes sense. Both have large splits. They'd have to resign Pearce though.

OP: I don't know. He's improved tremendously this year... and he's still only just good enough to be a viable DH. If he continues to not hit the last two months of the season, he'll be a bubble candidate again, even with all the free agents leaving.

Jury still out.

April: .385/.400/.769 /1.169 OPS (only in 9 games)

May: .291/.328/.427/.755 OPS

June: .319/.342/.493/.835 OPS

July: .200/.243/.257/.500 OPS

As a LHB: .293/.323/.470 /.793 OPS

As a RHB: .261/.306/.326/.632 OPS

I don't think you hand him the DH job next year. See how the remainder of this year plays out.

Don't forget the other 60% of his career PAs where he posted a .674 OPS.

Have him learn the OF in the offseason. He's a fast athletic guy.

I can't think of any other fast/athletic players that were limited to DH this early in their careers.

I'd prefer to acquire a LFer instead of trying to create one out of a DH. I can think of all kinds of fast and athletic outfielders who couldn't field early in their careers.

I'd prefer to acquire a LFer instead of trying to create one out of a DH. I can think of all kinds of fast and athletic outfielders who couldn't field early in their careers.

They still played the OF.

Name me one who was completely limited to DH.

They still played the OF.

Name me one who was completely limited to DH.

What does it matter if they played the outfield if they were bad at it? If Paredes can't field why would you stick him in the outfield? I would rather not have him spend a couple hundred games proving he's not a good outfielder if they could just DH him and find a real outfielder.

Archived