Bobblehead promotion for Saturday's game

ChuckS

I've missed out on the last few promotions because getting to the game 20-30 minutes before the start apparently isn't enough time before they run out of the advertised items.

Anyone have a good estimate on how early I need to be in the park to get my bobblehead? I'm typically a guy that likes to eat and drink outside of the ballpark for as long as possible before the game, but I suppose I could try some stadium food and suck up the cost of the $8 beers. Also, welcome any recommendations on where to eat inside the stadium. The few occasions where I do get food inside i usually hit Boog's so I would like to try something new.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've missed out on the last few promotions because getting to the game 20-30 minutes before the start apparently isn't enough time before they run out of the advertised items.

Anyone have a good estimate on how early I need to be in the park to get my bobblehead? I'm typically a guy that likes to eat and drink outside of the ballpark for as long as possible before the game, but I suppose I could try some stadium food and suck up the cost of the $8 beers. Also, welcome any recommendations on where to eat inside the stadium. The few occasions where I do get food inside i usually hit Boog's so I would like to try something new.

Get there before the gates open, which means 2 hours before game time. Good luck.

I wouldnt get the crab cakes in the stadium. I made that mistake in June and could not believe how bad they were.

Get there before the gates open, which means 2 hours before game time. Good luck.

Promotion says the first 25,000 fans over the age of 15. Even if it's a sellout or close to it an easy 10 K are going to be kids under the age of 15. So you are telling me 25,000 out of the 40,000 fans eligible to receive the promotion are going to be in the ballpark two hours before the start of the game? That doesn't seem realistic.

I want that bobblehead but not enough to be in the park two hours before game time. I was thinking an hour.

Gotta get there when the gates open. Part of the price you pay for giveaways are you can't wait around until the National Anthem to enter stadium...

edit - For the Buck bobblehead, I had friends walk up about 15 mins after gates opened, got stuck in line for 20-30 mins and were some of the last people at the Eutaw st gate (ravens stadium side) to get their bobblehead.

Also, always go to a "big" gate. The smaller gates run out quicker...

Promotion says the first 25,000 fans over the age of 15. Even if it's a sellout or close to it an easy 10 K are going to be kids under the age of 15. So you are telling me 25,000 out of the 40,000 fans eligible to receive the promotion are going to be in the ballpark two hours before the start of the game? That doesn't seem realistic.

I want that bobblehead but not enough to be in the park two hours before game time. I was thinking an hour.

You asked, I answered. That has been my experience on several giveaways the past few years. Read this thread, and decide for yourself.

You asked, I answered. That has been my experience on several giveaways the past few years. Read this thread, and decide for yourself.

Some of the other promotions have been first 15,000, so I might try my chances getting there an hour early. If we get to the gate and they are out I can just head over to Pickles/Sliders and drink my sorrows away via $3 Natty Boh's.

Just a suggestion, find the $10 24-ounce beers. Best deal in the park. There's a stand on Eutaw St. near the Orioles Store.

Why? My wife and I are always the first in line at the gates when they open. We enjoy watching batting practice and spending time together.

We plan our days around the game. Just to take in the sights and sounds of baseball.

Of course we are empty nesters with nothing better to do - so its all good

Then why did you ask for advice if you're not going to take it?

I would say an hour before and it's almost a lock you'll get it. Later than that, still a good chance. For food, I love the bacon on a stick. It's only five bucks. It's very thick. It delicious. It used to be called Jack Daniels grill but now it's called Camden grill or something. It's near the end of Eutaw st on the right.

Just a suggestion, find the $10 24-ounce beers. Best deal in the park. There's a stand on Eutaw St. near the Orioles Store.

The fact that this is 100% correct is sad. Food for thought. Let's say you're there with a buddy and just getting the 8.50 regular beer at your seat. If you're tipping correctly(20+%), shouldn't the beer man dispose of the empties for you once they start to consume the aisle? I feel like they should. They're making a killing off me. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't drink at most games but boy when I do.

Archived