Dear Fans: Please don't do the wave while our pitcher is on the mound

TheDirtyBird

I was at the game last night and the crowd broke out the wave, while I don't care for the wave, I do understand it's fun for some people. Maybe I'm overreacting here, but I saw the wave and I turned to my girlfriend and I said to her "that's gonna distract Kevin just watch." What happened? Kevin gave up that home run. At the time of the pitch it was nearly behind the plate. Please save that for the top half of innings

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear fans, don't wave. Don't do the wave. Don't wave at your friends on t.v. from behind home plate while holding your fricken cell phone. Don't stand in the aisle and wave to your friends twenty sections over. Just don't wave. Don't.

I'd like seven nation army chant to die too.

It won't, because the Orioles pump it on the PA after every big AB. Do I think that it's run the course? Sure, but it gets the entire crowd into it. So, I'm fine with it. It also reminds me of 2012.

The wave is terrible.

Maybe it's just me. I did have quite a few beers last night, but I feel like this was the first game I've been to with significantly less seven nation army, tho there were a good amount of times to use it. It wasn't like a one to nothing game or anything. Anyone else feel this way?

I can appreciate the perspective from the traditionalist, purist, and elitist.

They make similar arguments to Baltimore fans yelling O during the anthem.

But I took my youth baseball team to a game and the wave broke out.

They loved it and it made their night even better.

I understand we live in a society where everything is offensive.

Songs, waves, chants, can all be ignored if you don't enjoy them.

Its a game played for entertainment.

As much as I dislike the wave, it's hard to argue with this very level-headed post. Besides, as long as we have the "canned" clapping and the way overused "day-o" sound clip the wave is far from the worst thing in the stadium.

Maybe I'm overreacting here, but I saw the wave and I turned to my girlfriend and I said to her "That's gonna distract Kevin just watch." What happened? Kevin gave up that home run. At the time of the pitch it was nearly behind the plate. Please save that for the top half of innings.

Also, no clapping or cheering ... really, no gestures of any kind to distract these mental midgets from doing their jobs. ;):rolleyes:

Dear Fans:

Unless you wind up doing what Jeffrey Maier or Steve Bartman did, please stop presuming that your behavior/rituals, etc. will have any effect on the game(s) at hand.

Who said anything about the wave being offensive? Most of us hate it because it's outdated, dumb and shows that the game on the field is not interesting enough for you so you participate in alternate entertainment.

I was at the game last night and the crowd broke out the wave, while I don't care for the wave, I do understand it's fun for some people. Maybe I'm overreacting here, but I saw the wave and I turned to my girlfriend and I said to her "that's gonna distract Kevin just watch." What happened? Kevin gave up that home run. At the time of the pitch it was nearly behind the plate. Please save that for the top half of innings

Kevin is a professional

Archived