David Hess

Frobby

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the he was listed in our top prospects at MLB:

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/mlb/news/prospects/index.jsp?c_id=bal

I understand why Bundy is still on there. Dosch has strugged at Bowie so far (small sample size). Tim Berry will not be on our 40-man here soon enough, not sure why he is so high...

I really am worried about the Stewart pick. I just don't get it. Hope I am wrong.

I understand why Bundy is still on there. Dosch has strugged at Bowie so far (small sample size). Tim Berry will not be on our 40-man here soon enough, not sure why he is so high...

I really am worried about the Stewart pick. I just don't get it. Hope I am wrong.

Not sure why Sisco is rated as the 8th best prospect in our system. He is a 20 year old with an .800 OPS at A+ ball. Taking away his early April/May at-bats where he was injured he is batting .326 since his return in June. Kid can hit.

I know this is a thread about Hess, but I went to the Bowie game yesterday and Macini is very impressive. He stuck out later in the game with men on base with a ball that clearly was not in the strike zone. Very composed, just walked back to dugout. I even booed it was such a bad call. Kid seems to have a good head on his shoulders and the ball just flies off his bat.

I have found the MLB.com prospect list to usually be the worst of the lists.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

From the film I've seen, Hess most likely profiles as a relief arm due to some effort in his delivery and a bit of an arm stab, as well as his reliance on his fastball. That said, the fastball's a very good pitch: he gets good sink and hitters have trouble barreling it when he keeps it down. Reports are mixed on his secondaries, though: I like his slider a lot as a swing-and-miss offering, but his curve is inconsistent and the changeup is easy to pick up and doesn't move enough for me. If he can work on refining the change, he could profile as high as a #2 starter, but that's a pretty huge 'if'. Even if he doesn't, though, I like him a lot as a future reliever. There's always room for guys who throw mid-90s with movement.

From the film I've seen, Hess most likely profiles as a relief arm due to some effort in his delivery and a bit of an arm stab, as well as his reliance on his fastball. That said, the fastball's a very good pitch: he gets good sink and hitters have trouble barreling it when he keeps it down. Reports are mixed on his secondaries, though: I like his slider a lot as a swing-and-miss offering, but his curve is inconsistent and the changeup is easy to pick up and doesn't move enough for me. If he can work on refining the change, he could profile as high as a #2 starter, but that's a pretty huge 'if'. Even if he doesn't, though, I like him a lot as a future reliever. There's always room for guys who throw mid-90s with movement.

Can you explain what you mean by a bit of an arm stab? Thanks.

Archived