Potential August Trades

orioles4lyfe

From MLBTradeRumors: James Shields, Joaquin Benoit, Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Marlon Byrd, Kyle Lohse, Matt Garza, Mike Napoli, Alex Avila, Rajai Davis and many others could find their names floating around on the rumor mill this month.

In 2014 DD picked up De Aza in an August Trade. Can we identify some potential fits for the Orioles that we may be able to get?

For me, another legitimate major league outfielder would be nice. Preferably one that can work a count and have a decent OBP.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From MLBTradeRumors: James Shields, Joaquin Benoit, Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Marlon Byrd, Kyle Lohse, Matt Garza, Mike Napoli, Alex Avila, Rajai Davis and many others could find their names floating around on the rumor mill this month.

In 2014 DD picked up De Aza in an August Trade. Can we identify come potential fits for the Orioles that we may be able to get?

For me, another legitimate major league outfielder would be nice. Preferably one that can work a count and have a decent OBP.

Gonna be tough to get one of those through waivers.

Those are the most over priced folks that exist right now. And Data shows them to be less effective than in the past.

Potential August trades: Chris Davis, O'day, ...

No way they make it through. Now, Matusz, Hardy, Wieters... They might. And Anyone not on our 40 man roster.

That's what you got to work with. Period.

So dream, but don't dream too big.

I figured :( Any buy lows or other potential fits? No one really seemed to expect the De Aza pick up last year.

Sure. Anyone who has had a bad year, and has a big contract. Like a Chase Utley. Or someone real good, with a long big contract. That doesn't really play a position. And works for a GM that is getting fired. They might be available.

I actually think if Boston ate some money Napoli could be a fit. .874 OPS vs lefties. As terrible of a season he is having he could be a DH fit vs lefties.

I was thinking about Napoli recently as well. He has been swinging the bat better lately. One more bat would really solidify our lineup.

Sure. Anyone who has had a bad year, and has a big contract. Like a Chase Utley. Or someone real good, with a long big contract. That doesn't really play a position. And works for a GM that is getting fired. They might be available.

That isn't really our style though. Would mostly have to be someone with an expiring contract or is under control at a reasonable rate. A De Aza type...

Or who knows, maybe Alvarez, Walker, Clevenger, or Lake could come up in September and provide a spark.

I was thinking about Napoli recently as well. He has been swinging the bat better lately. One more bat would really solidify our lineup.

Pearce will take someone's spot. He could play 1st vs lefties. So I guess the question is with Parra here would they rather have Reimold or Napoli in the lineup?

Archived