O's involved in bench-clearing brawl

beervendor

OK, TECHNICALLY it was 22 years ago, and between the White Sox and Rangers. Today is the 22nd anniversary of the legendary Nolan Ryan/Robin Ventura whuppin'. But there were a few past/future O's spotted in the scrum. A very 'active' John Russell and a chill Raffy; Craig Lefferts, Terry Kennedy. I could watch this all night...

OK, TECHNICALLY it was 22 years ago, and between the White Sox and Rangers. Today is the 22nd anniversary of the legendary Nolan Ryan/Robin Ventura whuppin'. But there were a few past/future O's spotted in the scrum. A very 'active' John Russell and a chill Raffy; Craig Lefferts, Terry Kennedy. I could watch this all night...

I watched this over the weekend, a hands down classic. It led me to search and re-watch some famous O's brawls, namely Os. vs. Mariners (Mussina pitching) and O's vs. Yankees (Armando Benitez heavily featured along with Darryl Strawberry). A notable common denominator I saw in both was Norm Charlton while he was a Mariner and later as an Oriole.

And the comments on these clips, as with any brawl clip, are especially hilarious. I think my favorite comment, but most unexpected was "hard to masterbate to".

Speaking of Orioles brawls, does anybody remember a game in the mid 70's at Memorial Stadium and Lee May started the brawl? That was my first Orioles game. Im pretty sure it was a giveaway night, hats for the kids. It was 2 brush back pitches in a row and Im pretty sure Lee May threw his bat at the pitcher before charging the mound. Dugouts and bullpens emptied and it was really something to see. Ive been hooked on Orioles baseball ever since that game.

Don't mess with Texas

p-26262-nolan-ryan-autographed-hand-signed-texas-rangers-16x20-photo-with-don-t-mess-with-texas-hf-0022.jpg

Speaking of Orioles brawls, does anybody remember a game in the mid 70's at Memorial Stadium and Lee May started the brawl? That was my first Orioles game. I'm pretty sure it was a giveaway night, hats for the kids. It was 2 brush back pitches in a row, and I'm pretty sure Lee May threw his bat at the pitcher before charging the mound. Dugouts and bullpens emptied, and it was really something to see. I've been hooked on Orioles baseball ever since that game.

I'm not sure, but I do remember once reading about a brawl in which Lee May literally sat on his teammate Reggie Jackson (to restrain him) in a brawl between the Orioles and the Indians in 1976.

You guys are talking about brawls involving Orioles when they played on other teams and no one has brought up the most infamous Orioles brawl of all time? The Benitez/Tino Martinez brawl in 99 is perhaps the best brawl ever. They fought on the field and in the dugout. That was a classic.

I'm not sure, but I do remember once reading about a brawl in which Lee May literally sat on his teammate Reggie Jackson (to restrain him) in a brawl between the Orioles and the Indians in 1976.

The one I was talking about was before Reggie came to Baltimore. Prob 75

You guys are talking about brawls involving Orioles when they played on other teams and no one has brought up the most infamous Orioles brawl of all time? The Benitez/Tino Martinez brawl in 99 is perhaps the best brawl ever. They fought on the field and in the dugout. That was a classic.

Outrageous brawl. I alluded to it in reply #1.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Archived