• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, they aren't going to bring up 15 players. Chaz Roe, Steve Pearce, and Mike Wright will all come off the DL when they are ready. Cesar Cabral, Oliver Drake, Tyler Wilson, and maybe Steve Johnson I would think on the pitching side. I think Dariel Alvarez will get the call as well and then Christian Walker when MILB playoffs are over. They can recall Dylan Bundy and place him on the 60 day DL to make room for Dariel Alvarez I think.

I could see some combination of Bundy, Parmalee, and Berry recalled and put on 60 Day DL. Also expect Gamboa to get DFA after playoffs if a spot is needed.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Parmalee was DFAd, so he isn't on the 40 man roster - good call on Berry that opens up two spots with Bundy.

Parmalee was DFAd, so he isn't on the 40 man roster - good call on Berry that opens up two spots with Bundy.

I know Parmelee was DFA. I wouldn't be surprised if Dan added him on Sept 1 and DLed him to wiggle around the playoff roster flexibility rules if they haven't already been closed.

I know Parmelee was DFA. I wouldn't be surprised if Dan added him on Sept 1 and DLed him to wiggle around the playoff roster flexibility rules if they haven't already been closed.

Hadn't thought about that - DD is a master of all the little roster rules.

The 40 man is at just 38 right now so I expect them to add two guys there aybe three by putting Bundy on 60 man. I thin Miranda, and Young to be brought back. Walker and most the pn will be back that has been here. I think that the locker room will be very full. I expect almost everyone on the 40 man except Berry, Gamboa and the guys on the DL to be here. I will be intersting to see if they wait a bit to make moves with Norfolk in the playoffs though.

I think they bring up at least one - probably both - of Miranda and Gunkel from AA.

What would be the reason to bring up Gunkel? I think he is probably headed to the Arizona Fall League and I think he goes into next year at Norfolk as a legit starting pitching option in case of injury in the rotation - but I don't see a call up this September.

What would be the reason to bring up Gunkel? I think he is probably headed to the Arizona Fall League and I think he goes into next year at Norfolk as a legit starting pitching option in case of injury in the rotation - but I don't see a call up this September.

Because he's good.

Just wondering how many times you have seen him pitch? He would come up to be a member of the bullpen. Is that where you see him long term or do you see him starting. Just wondering other than stats (which have me excited about his future) you see that makes you want him up here now.

I think he can help the bullpen. I'm speaking as a fan - not a scout or an analyst. Based on what I've read about him and his stats, I think he'd be a good candidate. If you were looking for anything deeper and more meaningful, please accept my apologies. I don't think whether or not his future is in the pen should have any bearing on the decision of whether or not to bring him up in September.

I think he can help the bullpen. I'm speaking as a fan - not a scout or an analyst. Based on what I've read about him and his stats, I think he'd be a good candidate. If you were looking for anything deeper and more meaningful, please accept my apologies. I don't think whether or not his future is in the pen should have any bearing on the decision of whether or not to bring him up in September.

No worries, Gunkel to me is the mystery man. Really don't know much about him but he has pitched so well this year. He sort of came out of nowhere and definitely has me guessing about his future role.

No worries, Gunkel to me is the mystery man. Really don't know much about him but he has pitched so well this year. He sort of came out of nowhere and definitely has me guessing about his future role.

His stats with the O's have just been a continuation of what he's done elsewhere - not significantly better. He's done well everywhere. Lifetime minor league stats include 232 SO's vs 50 walks, 2.89 ERA and 1.04 WHIP.

Archived