Go on record.

Fri, Nov 06 Southern New Hampshire XFINITY Center

Fri, Nov 13 Mount St. Mary's - MD XFINITY Center

Tue, Nov 17 Georgetown XFINITY Center

Fri, Nov 20 Rider XFINITY Center

Tue, Nov 24 Illinois State Cancun, Mexico

Wed, Nov 25 Rhode Island/TCU Cancun, Mexico

Sat, Nov 28 Cleveland State XFINITY Center

Tue, Dec 01 North Carolina at Chapel Hill, N.C.

Fri, Dec 04 Saint Francis (PA) XFINITY Center

Tue, Dec 08 Connecticut New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)

Sat, Dec 12 Maryland Eastern Shore XFINITY Center

Sat, Dec 19 Princeton Baltimore, Md. (Royal Farms Arena)

Sun, Dec 27 Marshall XFINITY Center

Wed, Dec 30 Penn State * XFINITY Center

Sat, Jan 02 Northwestern * at Evanston, Ill.

Wed, Jan 06 Rutgers * XFINITY Center

Sat, Jan 09 Wisconsin * at Madison, Wisc.

Tue, Jan 12 Michigan * at Ann Arbor, Mich.

Sat, Jan 16 Ohio State * XFINITY Center

Tue, Jan 19 Northwestern * XFINITY Center

Sat, Jan 23 Michigan State * at East Lansing, Mich.

Thu, Jan 28 Iowa * XFINITY Center

Sun, Jan 31 Ohio State * at Columbus, Ohio

Wed, Feb 03 Nebraska * at Lincoln, Neb.

Sat, Feb 06 Purdue * XFINITY Center

Tue, Feb 09 Bowie State XFINITY Center

Sat, Feb 13 Wisconsin * XFINITY Center

Thu, Feb 18 Minnesota * at Minneapolis, Minn.

Sun, Feb 21 Michigan * XFINITY Center

Sat, Feb 27 Purdue * at West Lafayette, Ind.

Thu, Mar 03 Illinois * XFINITY Center

Sat, Mar 05 -

Sun, Mar 06 Indiana * at Bloomington, Ind.

Wed, Mar 09 -

Sun, Mar 13 Big Ten Tournament Indianapolis, Ind. TBA

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll say we're 27-5 going into the Big Ten Tourney.

Who are the 5 losses?

With a few polls putting the Terps preseason number one, am I crazy for thinking 5 losses before the conference tournament would be a letdown?

I'll say we're 27-5 going into the Big Ten Tourney.

I'm going with 3 losses: @ Wisconsin, @ Purdue, @ Indiana.

I think our home schedule is pretty favorable. Plus, the school has sold all but 500 season tickets so its possible that the entire season is sold out before it starts. Should be a pretty good environment, even for the crappy games.

That said, this team is going to take time to gel. There are a ton of guys on the bench who can play so it's going to time time for everyone to get comfortable playing with everyone else and to find a rotation that works.

I just really hope that Turgeon doesn't solve his depth problems by doing the line-change substitutions that he seems to do in the past. It disrupted the flow of the game and often lead to times when we didn't have enough scorers on the floor.

Who are the 5 losses?

With a few polls putting the Terps preseason number one, am I crazy for thinking 5 losses before the conference tournament would be a letdown?

Not every preseason number 1 is created equally. it's not like MD is that traditional, "this team is elite" preseason number 1. It's almost more of a default number 1 because it looks like such a down year in college basketball. So I don't think 5 losses is that much of a letdown. I'd be happy with 5 losses.

I'm going with 3 losses: @ Wisconsin, @ Purdue, @ Indiana.

I think our home schedule is pretty favorable. Plus, the school has sold all but 500 season tickets so its possible that the entire season is sold out before it starts. Should be a pretty good environment, even for the crappy games.

That said, this team is going to take time to gel. There are a ton of guys on the bench who can play so it's going to time time for everyone to get comfortable playing with everyone else and to find a rotation that works.

I just really hope that Turgeon doesn't solve his depth problems by doing the line-change substitutions that he seems to do in the past. It disrupted the flow of the game and often lead to times when we didn't have enough scorers on the floor.

Whoops. Forgot to add @UNC as a loss. So that's 4 losses for me.

That seems reasonable I suppose. Just don't think the Terps will be able to win big road games?
I can see them possibly losing two away games but i doubt they lose 4. Besides UNC, the other three aren't that good. Certainly not at the Terps talent level.

But the best team doesn't always win. Winning on the road in the Big Ten is tough, as we saw last year. I agree that the Terps are going to be the most talented team in the gym in each game that they play. I think 5 losses would be a slight disappointment, but that's only because expectations are through the roof, as they should be. Could they go 30-2? Sure.

I can see them possibly losing two away games but i doubt they lose 4. Besides UNC, the other three aren't that good. Certainly not at the Terps talent level.

I'm not even sure UNC is that good. Last year they were at best "good" during points in the year, and I'd say "not good" at several other points.

Not every preseason number 1 is created equally. it's not like MD is that traditional' date=' "this team is elite" preseason number 1. It's almost more of a default number 1 because it looks like such a down year in college basketball. So I don't think 5 losses is that much of a letdown. I'd be happy with 5 losses.[/quote']

I don't agree with the #1 by default. There are four potential first round draft picks in the starting lineup. What makes you say this looks like a down year in college basketball?

I don't agree with the #1 by default. There are four potential first round draft picks in the starting lineup. What makes you say this looks like a down year in college basketball?

Because it is a down year in college basketball. It's impossible to argue otherwise. If you want to say Maryland is as strong as the favorites of past seasons, that's fine. But overall, this is not a strong year. You have more teams ranked high who weren't that great last year (MD, UNC, UVA absent Anderson, etc.), and even the traditional powers who seem to reload (Kentucky, Duke), had very good recruiting classes, but didn't seem to be load up with a bunch of one-and-done, potential 1st overall type players. I don't see the Okafor-Jones type class from them.

Archived