Filling the 2016 Needs: LF, RF, DH, 1B, SP

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nontender Matusz. That brings the total to $45M. Trade Miguel. That gives us maybe $50M. That might be enough to do Price ($30M), Parra ($10M), and Pearce ($2.5M). Fill the rest of the spots with internal options, maybe Mancini. Davis would be a huge loss but I believe that would be offset by having Price, a true ace. We were a winner with Davis hitting .196 and suspended for 50 games. Miguel would hurt to trade but as a cost controlled SP with a good history of success, he could get some decent prospects in return. Maybe a LHP to replace Matusz in the bullpen.

Another guy I might take a look at if Parra's price goes up is Daniel Murphy to play every day between 1B, 2B, and DH.

Rotation of Price, Tillman, Ubaldo, Gausman, and internal option (Miranda, Wilson, TJ, Gunkel).

$7.5M to spare for some role player types to add depth at OF/1B and SP.

I am really coming around to needing a top of the rotation starter; that's 25 million. If we drop Matusz, we are left with 20 million. I'm not sure about trading Miggy. Who wants him? What would they give up? I think he's fairly cheap, controllable and will come back around. That sets your rotation and you can bring up Wilson or whoever at the first sign of trouble. I think we need someone like Parra next for one OF spot and I don't see doing that for less than 10 million. That only gives us 10 more. to fill one OF spot, DH and 1B.

LF- Lough or Urrutia-500 K

RF- Alvarez- 500 K

DH- Clevenger/Mancini- 500 K

1B: Walker/Mancini- 500K

SP: Wright/Wilson- 500 K

Drop Matusz saves 5 million

Potter's pocket (Camden Yards renovation/MASN decreases) = 42.5 million.

This is a bit tongue in cheek...but not too much!

LF- Lough or Urrutia-500 K

RF- Alvarez- 500 K

DH- Clevenger/Mancini- 500 K

1B: Walker/Mancini- 500K

SP: Wright/Wilson- 500 K

Drop Matusz saves 5 million

Potter's pocket (Camden Yards renovation/MASN decreases) = 42.5 million.

This is a bit tongue in cheek...but not too much!

I don't see payroll falling below 80 million myself. As a floor.

Sigcn Leake and Fister.Trade Gonzo and two prospects for JJ Reddick. Sign Fowler.Get Adam Lind or someone like him to play first.Fowler and Leake's contracts are low at the beginning to cover Fister and a Lind type since Fister might be cheap as a bounce back candidate.

Fowler

Machado

Jones

Reddick

Lind

Schoop

Joseph

Clevenger

Hardy

Starters

Tillman

Leake

Gausman

Ubaldo

Fister

Sigcn Leake and Fister.Trade Gonzo and two prospects for JJ Reddick. Sign Fowler.Get Adam Lind or someone like him to play first.Fowler and Leake's contracts are low at the beginning to cover Fister and a Lind type since Fister might be cheap as a bounce back candidate.

With JJ Reddick we would be lights out from 3-point range.

Fowler

Machado

Jones

Reddick

Lind

Schoop

Joseph

Clevenger

Hardy

Starters

Tillman

Leake

Gausman

Ubaldo

Fister

I like this much better than anything to do with Parra. Once his BABIP normalizes he's a platoon player in the OF with Alvarez? Ponder that for a minute. Reddick would be a good get and so would Fowler. I don't see us signing Leake, but Fister could be a good bounce guy. Substitute Kazmir for Leake and we're off!

I like this much better than anything to do with Parra. Once his BABIP normalizes he's a platoon player in the OF with Alvarez? Ponder that for a minute. Reddick would be a good get and so would Fowler. I don't see us signing Leake, but Fister could be a good bounce guy. Substitute Kazmir for Leake and we're off!

If Price is too much, I would love to get Kazmir on a Ubaldo-type deal. Kazmir would also come without costing comp pick. Yeah, I could definitely live with Kazmir, and certainly more realistic than Price.

Kazmir for 4/$56 ($14.5M per year). Might be able to bring back Davis ($20M), Parra ($10M), and Pearce ($2M). This is within budget if we trade Miguel and nontender Matusz.

Rotation of Kazmir/Tillman/Gausman/Ubaldo/5th starter. Lineup of Machado 3B, Parra RF, Davis 1B, Jones CF, Schoop 2B, Pearce DH, Joseph/Clevenger C, Urrutia/Alvarez LF.

This doesn't do much to fill our DH/LF holes, but hopefully Pearce has a rebound year to at least his career norms. Make a deal for a bat if we are in it in July. Our rotation would be so much improved, I believe we could tread water with our offense and still win a lot more games.

True Wieters is a bust of a draft choice, if he's not worth re-signing, he's a bust.

And please fans, be realistic, the Orioles will not sign a pitcher beyond the Jmenez contract. And no pitcher with 20 win capability will sign a 3 or 4 year contract unless they are 34 or older

Archived