O's Must Resign Davis

Todd-O

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if someone else offers him 200 million, is it a must then? There has to be a line drawn somewhere. Just simply saying you have to have someone and handing out blank checks is not an advisable team building strategy.

I'd love to have Davis back, if it's a deal that makes sense. It won't be, however.

If you had to choose between a 10 year 220 million dollar extension of Manny, and a 6 year 150 million dollar contract for Davis, what would you do?

Manny.

But the good news is that we don't have to choose because this team basically has commitments to three players next year: Jones, Ubaldo, Hardy. That's it. This team has plenty of money to spend and if they pay Chris Davis and Manny Machado each $20M next year they're still just breaking $100M in payroll.

Manny.

But the good news is that we don't have to choose because this team basically has commitments to three players next year: Jones, Ubaldo, Hardy. That's it. This team has plenty of money to spend and if they pay Chris Davis and Manny Machado each $20M next year they're still just breaking $100M in payroll.

There is no reason that the O's should have to pay Manny 20 million next year.

Manny.

And then we have the same team that won 81 games this year. I want them both back, but that is a lot of money for two players.

Whoever signs Davis this offseason will be buying incredibly high. Yes, he hits a lot of HRs and this makes the highlights and puts fans in the seats, I guess. But look at his peripherals. He struck 208 times this year, 30 more than the second hitter. His OBP is only 13th in the AL. Plus he has a history of injuries. I would love to see him an Oriole next year, but his value is just too overpriced right now. I would much rather the Orioles use that money to extend Machado and get a TOR starter. Possibly sign O'Day. That would be a successful offseason I think.

Manny.

Scott Boras will not accept $20 million for a guy that has lead the MLB in HRs 2 of the last 3 years. Period.

Archived