Randy Edsall FIRED ! Locksley Interim HC

Danielos38

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/terrapins-insider/wp/2015/10/08/maryland-offers-no-comment-on-report-that-randy-edsall-likely-to-be-fired-after-ohio-state-game/

I was never on the Edsall train but anything that could potentially make Haskins de-commit is a bad thing. Unless Chip Kelly is the replacement, I say keep Edsall and see what he can do with Haskins. His first actual QB.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/terrapins-insider/wp/2015/10/08/maryland-offers-no-comment-on-report-that-randy-edsall-likely-to-be-fired-after-ohio-state-game/

I was never on the Edsall train but anything that could potentially make Haskins de-commit is a bad thing. Unless Chip Kelly is the replacement, I say keep Edsall and see what he can do with Haskins. His first actual QB.

No way in hell. It sounds like Haskins is on board regardless but I'd lose him to get rid of Edsall and get somebody that can take advantage of what UA is giving us. Edsall was a bad bad hire from the start.

Yep, the timing is right. Terps are about to get blown out by the Buckeyes. That will make 3 consecutive losses where the Terps were nowhere near competitive. Add to that the Bowling Green loss at home and that means it's over for the Edsall era.

That said, they need to get a real coach not a retread. Someone will want to take advantage of what UA can provide.

Yep, the timing is right. Terps are about to get blown out by the Buckeyes. That will make 3 consecutive losses where the Terps were nowhere near competitive. Add to that the Bowling Green loss at home and that means it's over for the Edsall era.

I don't get that logic. They just gave the guy a 3 year extension 3 months ago. The timing is definitely not right. Should have been fired long ago or should get to see what he can do with his top recruiting class. And it's not like Chip Kelly or any coach that is a significant upgrade is coming through that door.

Kevin Anderson can't do anything right.

This is his 5th season so he's had time to bring in his recruits to fit his program. Other than beating Penn State and Michigan in their down years he's done nothing.

With the exception of Rutgers I can't see them being competitive the rest of the season. Time for him to go.

Fridge is the only guy who has had anything more than a hiccup of success at Maryland in the last 35 years. It's not going to be easy to find the guy who can make Maryland a football power.

I guess we can hope for lightning in a bottle. But how many middling programs rise to become consistent winners?

Fridge is the only guy who has had anything more than a hiccup of success at Maryland in the last 35 years. It's not going to be easy to find the guy who can make Maryland a football power.

I guess we can hope for lightning in a bottle. But how many middling programs rise to become consistent winners?

Oregon.

Archived