Arizona Fall League Updates

sportsfan8703

KLaw from his blog

• Orioles rule 5 pick Jason Garcia started and pitched two innings Friday, showing good arm-side life on a 93-97 mph fastball and a hard slider that he commanded really well at 85-87 mph. He only showed his changeup briefly, 86 without a lot of action, but I liked how online he was to the plate and the potential for command of two above-average pitches. He does fly a little bit open at release and could see the changeup improve if he gets out a little more over that front side.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Great couple days at home, now off to do what I love! #pitch#mlb</p>— Dylan Bundy (@Dylan_Bundy) <a href="

">October 25, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tanner Scott also was added to the team recently. It's a pretty big jump in talent considering he only pitched 21 IP in Delmarva. Hart, Garcia and Keller have all been good in SSS.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Orioles lefty Tanner Scott just touched 101. Becoming a common occurrence here.</p>— Eric Longenhagen (@longenhagen) <a href="

">November 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• 2 weeks later...
14 IP, 18SO, .60 ERA, .130 BAA

Next year we can watch

Arrieta, ERod, Zach Davies, and Josh Hader pitch well in the majors, as the O's have basically no starting pitching. Meanwhile we continue to talk about Bundy and Harvey who will have no impact on 2016

He's really good. I watched him the other day. Filled out quite a bit. I can't believe that the Astros traded him.

Four games left, and none of the Orioles' prospects has been that spectacular IMO. Adrian Marin (.739 OPS) is their leading hitter. That's not terrible but nothing to get excited about. Sisco and Yaz are sub-.650. The pitchers have been meh, too. Garcia 4.11 ERA, 1.43 WHIP and way too many walks. Scott's walked a lot of guys too, though he's managed a 2.25 ERA. Hart has a 4.82 ERA and 1.93 WHIP. Nobody else exceeded 3 innings.

We sent a pretty young group of guys down there this year. In terms of experience. Sisco only played a month in AA. Marin was in Frederick, T.Scott was in Delmarva. It just goes to show the lack of "prospects" that were in Norfolk and Bowie. Marin still has upside. He can play defense and run a little bit. He just needs to put up some numbers at Bowie next year. I feel like we sent Sisco and Scott there just to get there feet wet against better competition.

Archived