More Blue Jays Drama

Aristotelian

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really, really shocking. Let's hope DD doesn't start flirting with them again.

Why would he? Shapiro is the team president now, DD isn't going to leave for a lateral move and if Angelos didn't let him interview for team president, he's definitely not going to let him interview for the GM position.

I'm guessing Shapiro isn't happy watching the Mets reap the benefits of the Dickey trade either.

Nope, but can't be upset about the larger body of work by Anthopolous. Easy to cherry pick one or two mistakes by every GM (hey Mark - how's Nick Swisher?)

This was from a poster on deadspin called RavensofDee

“GM Alex Anthopoulos, under whose six-year tenure the Blue Jays emerged as one of the best teams in the AL...”

I’m not sure that statement is really that true. Over his 6 years, the blue Jays averaged 81.5 wins a year. He was a .500 GM for 5 and 2/3 seasons before the incredible hot streak of the August and September. Emerging as one of the best teams in the league implies something a bit more sustained, I think.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Are the Blue Jays stupid?</p>— Orioles Memes (@OriolesMemes) <a href="

">October 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived