"You know we are gonna participate in the Rule 5 Draft."(OF Rickard from Tampa)

weams

Roch Kubatko

The Rule 5 draft will be held on Dec. 10 before executives and reporters make a mad dash to the Nashville airport. The Orioles aren't casual observers of the process. They don't just dip a toe in the waters. They dive in and swim laps.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, but he has to be on the roster per his contract. That may as well be a Rule V. Though I never said he was to begin with. They don't have the flexibility to carry a Rule V. Unless they don't intend to compete.

Same as Adam, Chris, And J.J. We have lots of roster flexibility this year. Lots.

No, but he has to be on the roster per his contract. That may as well be a Rule V. Though I never said he was to begin with. They don't have the flexibility to carry a Rule V. Unless they don't intend to compete.

Now you are saying something else. Before you said they shouldnt select someone. That is different from saying they shouldnt carry someone. No harm in selecting someone.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Same as Adam, Chris, And J.J. We have lots of roster flexibility this year. Lots.

You just named three guys the O's are counting on. How much flexibility to carry a pitcher that basically has done zero in the majors. Choosing a rule V guy that most likely has done zero in the majors. If we have the flexibility to carry that come ST, it was a bad winter and there will be some angry fans.

Now you are saying something else. Before you said they shouldnt select someone. That is different from saying they shouldnt carry someone. No harm in selecting someone.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

But they take a 40 man roster spot!

Archived