Angels acquire Andrelton Simmons

ArtVanDelay

Erick Aybar and the Angels top 2 prospects are going to Atlanta. Sean Newcomb and Chris Ellis.

Newcomb is a top 20 prospect.

Not Newcomb and Drysdale or Koufax, but they'll do. Newcomb sounds like a stud lefty. Once one is ready, I'm guessing Teheran is the next big name from the Braves to go - maybe before the 2016 trade deadline. Aybar's a 1 year fill-in who'll be motivated by his upcoming free agency. The Braves top prospect is a SS, but he's more than a year away.

Not Newcomb and Drysdale or Koufax, but they'll do. Newcomb sounds like a stud lefty. Once one is ready, I'm guessing Teheran is the next big name from the Braves to go - maybe before the 2016 trade deadline. Aybar's a 1 year fill-in who'll be motivated by his upcoming free agency. The Braves top prospect is a SS, but he's more than a year away.

I think they got a catcher too.

So a team that struggled with pitching just traded their top two prospects.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Not only that, we're talking about one of the few teams whose system might be on a par with the Orioles for lack of depth. Simmons may help in the short term but rebuilding that system is no small task.

Eppler with a signature move. That doesn't happen by improving your talent at the lower levels and especially not with an owner who's always in "win now" mode.

Archived