Lefty Chris Lee, RHPS Andrew Triggs, and Parker Bridwell were added to the 40 man roster today

wildcard

This is the last day to add players to the 40 man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 draft. Chris Lee will certainly be added. I think Andrew Triggs will also be added but some are not with me on that thought.

The roster is at 37 with quite a few players that can be removed at some point this off season.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well its been a while fellas since I have stopped in, I was pretty upset about how this year turned out.

Anyways onto topic- Chris Lee doesnt have a WHIP that impresses me and his SO rate seems pretty low. But I will trust you guys know a but more about him than me. What are his comps like?

Well its been a while fellas since I have stopped in, I was pretty upset about how this year turned out.

Anyways onto topic- Chris Lee doesnt have a WHIP that impresses me and his SO rate seems pretty low. But I will trust you guys know a but more about him than me. What are his comps like?

The good news is he's a pretty good ground ball pitcher so that helps when the K rate is a little low. He's probably a reliever when it's all said and done, but if he can develop his secondaries he could be more.

Here is a good list of players who have been added along with top prospects that are unprotected.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/157509810/40-man-roster-decisions-impact-rule-5-draft?topicid=151437456

Houston Astros (11)

* No. 9 Joe Musgrove, RHP

No. 16 Reymin Guduan, LHP

No. 17 Teoscar Hernandez, OF

No. 18 Chris Devenski, RHP

* No. 19 David Paulino, RHP

No. 20 Danry Vasquez, OF

No. 22 Brady Rodgers, RHP

No. 23 Andrew Aplin, OF

No. 24 Nolan Fontana, INF

* No. 28 Jandel Gustave, RHP

No. 29 Kyle Smith, RHP

Kansas City Royals (8)

No. 3 Kyle Zimmer, RHP

No. 5 Bubba Starling, OF

No. 13 Elier Hernandez, OF

No. 15 Alec Mills, RHP

No. 21 Christian Binford, RHP

No. 25 Matthew Strahm, LHP

No. 27 Sam Selman, LHP

No. 28 Balbino Fuenmayor, 1B

Great stuff. And what a decision those clubs have had!

Orioles 40 man roster per Roch

Pitchers

Tim Berry

Brad Brach

Parker Bridwell

Zach Britton

Dylan Bundy

Oliver Drake

Jason Garcia

Kevin Gausman

Mychal Givens

Miguel Gonzalez

Ubaldo Jimenez

Steve Johnson

Chris Jones

Chris Lee

Brian Matusz

T.J. McFarland

Chaz Roe

Chris Tillman

Andrew Triggs

Tyler Wilson

Vance Worley

Mike Wright

Catchers

Steve Clevenger

Caleb Joseph

Matt Wieters

Infielders

Ryan Flaherty

J.J. Hardy

Paul Janish

Manny Machado

Rey Navarro

Jonathan Schoop

Christian Walker

Andy Wilkins

Outfielders

Dariel Alvarez

Adam Jones

Junior Lake

David Lough

Jimmy Paredes

Nolan Reimold

Henry Urrutia

masnsports.com

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A few 40-man tidbits. Lee hardest throwing high-milb O's starter end year. Bridwell outstanding change. Triggs allowed 7 runs all year!!</p>— Adam Pohl (@PohlAdam) <a href="

">November 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I could see Triggs and Bridwell being added but won't be shocked if neither are. Lee was a no brainer the way he pitched down the stretch with the Baysox.

MASN quote masnsports.com

Chris Lee said work with Alan Mills/Rick Peterson helped him repeat his delivery more and increased his velocity.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A few 40-man tidbits. Lee hardest throwing high-milb O's starter end year. Bridwell outstanding change. Triggs allowed 7 runs all year!!</p>? Adam Pohl (@PohlAdam) <a href="
">November 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Slightly sad that two of the three players we add are players that original teams dumped to knowing they wouldn't have space to protect them.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Slightly sad that two of the three players we add are players that original teams dumped to knowing they wouldn't have space to protect them.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Both had outstanding bounce back years under our development. Had they stayed the same, they would never have been added.

Archived