One Hit Wonders

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Traber drove in 32 runs in his first 32 games with the team in the summer of 1986, posting an OPS over 1.000 over the five week span while Eddie Murray was injured.

He reverted to being Jim Traber after that, but not before prompting a "Who needs Eddie Murray?" bandwagon that was the beginning of the end for Eddie.

I've often wished Traber had just been terrible then like he was the rest of his career. He later made up the worst defensive outfield I've ever seen in a game - Traber in left, Ken Gerhart in center, and Larry Sheets in right.

Jim Traber drove in 32 runs in his first 32 games with the team in the summer of 1986, posting an OPS over 1.000 over the five week span while Eddie Murray was injured.

He reverted to being Jim Traber after that, but not before prompting a "Who needs Eddie Murray?" bandwagon that was the beginning of the end for Eddie.

I've often wished Traber had just been terrible then like he was the rest of his career. He later made up the worst defensive outfield I've ever seen in a game - Traber in left, Ken Gerhart in center, and Larry Sheets in right.

Oh my word. That could possibly be one of the worst outfield alignments ever.

Archived