O's sign Steve Tolleson to a minor league deal

wildcard

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the O's need to save a million dollars at some point this off season Flaherty better watch out. Tolleson can play 2B/3B and Manny can backup SS. Tolleson will make the minimum if he makes the major league roster. I am betting that Tolleson gets a ST invite.

https://twitter.com/EddieInTheYard/status/668924454165200896

Considering that Encina said as much in the tweet you quoted I think you might be on to something.

I don't want to call Flaherty a luxury, but for his cost, he's a nice security blanket to have on the bench in my opinion.

Flaherty is a utility guy who cannot consistently make the throws accurately from SS and 3B, so they started playing him in the OF and gave Manny the job of backing up JJ until Janish came up.

Flaherty is a utility guy who cannot consistently make the throws accurately from SS and 3B, so they started playing him in the OF and gave Manny the job of backing up JJ until Janish came up.

He also can play the corners, 1B and I think is considered our emergency 3rd catcher. I don't mind him not having a gold glove off the bench with that flexibility. Conversely, I'm honestly not a big fan of his, despite what I've been saying here. So I don't mind replacing him as long as it's improving the team and not merely penny pinching.

Archived