Orioles interested in OF Hyun-Soo Kim

Roll Tide

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not? I don't mind taking a flyer on one of the OF spots next season. I can't believe there's serious interest in bringing back Parra unless it's for two years and around $6 million.

You mean Parra pays us $6M? Cause that's the only way it makes sense for him to come back.

You mean Parra pays us $6M? Cause that's the only way it makes sense for him to come back.

Actually I meant $6 million AAV which I don't think is realistic for the Orioles to expect. I'm not a big fan of Parra and I wish the trade didn't happen. I also don't think he's as bad as he looked after the trade or as good as he looked before. He's just kind of ordinary and likely to be more expensive than he should be.

My post might have been confusing. I don't mind taking a flyer on Kim Hung Soo. Parra seems like kind of a non-direction for the Orioles to choose unless he's a cheap companion piece for a more impactful OF acquisition.

Actually I meant $6 million AAV which I don't think is realistic for the Orioles to expect. I'm not a big fan of Parra and I wish the trade didn't happen. I also don't think he's as bad as he looked after the trade or as good as he looked before. He's just kind of ordinary and likely to be more expensive than he should be.

My post might have been confusing. I don't mind taking a flyer on Kim Hung Soo. Parra seems like kind of a non-direction for the Orioles to choose unless he's a cheap companion piece for a more impactful OF acquisition.

Parra was team leader in given-in-the-dugout two-handed high-fives and both-arms-raised-above-the-head in exaltations. His angles on line drives and flyballs were also comical.

Parra was team leader in given-in-the-dugout two-handed high-fives and both-arms-raised-above-the-head in exaltations. His angles on line drives and flyballs were also comical.

I still want the answer to my question: How in bloody hell did Parra go from a consensus plus defender to a comical defender in two years?!

I still want the answer to my question: How in bloody hell did Parra go from a consensus plus defender to a comical defender in two years?!

Age? Injuries? Complacency? Change of venue? I can only wildly speculate.

Also, if the Gnats are in on both Parra and O'Day are they just messing with the Orioles?

Archived