Japanese RHP Kenta Maeda: Fangraphs - How much should you pay?

xian4

Did we even think about posting for Ichiro, Yu, Tanaka, Kuroda, Dice-K, or any of the other top Japanese players that have gone through the posting process?

It was the old process which the organization apparently boycotted. The new one seems to be something we would consider.

$20M is the max. And if multiple teams post $20 then the original team picks who to negotiate with.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Seems like an odd rule. Since the posting team is getting the same $20 million no matter which of the teams bidding $20 million the player signs with, why would the posting team be entitled to select which one team the player gets to negotiate with?

Seems like an odd rule. Since the posting team is getting the same $20 million no matter which of the teams bidding $20 million the player signs with, why would the posting team be entitled to select which one team the player gets to negotiate with?

Edit bad info

To maximize their ability to get the $20M.

It doesn't seem to you that the player's representation would most certainly be seeking that very same thing, and would be quite likely in a better position to make that determination?

Archived