Cancun Challenge: Maryland v. Illinois State (11/24 @ 830 pm), Maryland v. Rhode Island (11/25 @TBA)

Danielos38

Up 31-30 at the half to a mid-major with a 2-2 record.

We do not look like a top ten at this point. Too many tight games against teams we should blow out and could barely get past Georgetown at home, who is a borderline top 25 team at best. Hopefully this is just a chemistry issue and they will take some time to gel with all the new parts. The d seems to be lacking as well as the rebounding and Diamond Stone may not be a huge factor this season, he looks slow and lost on defense. Better teams will eat us up if that doesn't improve. We have too many returning parts from a top 20 team to be this bad you would think. It's still early anyway.....so we will see.

Up 31-30 at the half to a mid-major with a 2-2 record.

We do not look like a top ten at this point. Too many tight games against teams we should blow out and could barely get past Georgetown at home, who is a borderline top 25 team at best. Hopefully this is just a chemistry issue and they will take some time to gel with all the new parts. The d seems to be lacking as well as the rebounding and Diamond Stone may not be a huge factor this season, he looks slow and lost on defense. Better teams will eat us up if that doesn't improve. We have too many returning parts from a top 20 team to be this bad you would think. It's still early anyway.....so we will see.

Thx for the update!

52-52 with 8:30 left. We are 2 of 18 from three. Yikes! Well over 50 percent from 2 so I think we need to take more of those the rest of the way. Carter and Melo have looked good, but little else. Dodd getting some real easy looks on beautiful interior feeds from Carter.

52-52 with 8:30 left. We are 2 of 18 from three. Yikes! Well over 50 percent from 2 so I think we need to take more of those the rest of the way. Carter and Melo have looked good, but little else. Dodd getting some real easy looks on beautiful interior feeds from Carter.

Thx How's Layman doing? disappearing for stretches again?

Played good basketball down the stretch with Sulaimon hitting some big shots. The team has potential of course, I just expected them to look more dominant against these inferior teams.

I expect to see Dodd in the starting lineup going forward. Diamond Stone looks like a project to me. Good in the sense that we can probably expect him in College Park for another season or two at least.

Awful critical comments for a team that hasn't lost yet. They are going to win this game by 10 despite shooting terribly from outside (which is pretty normal for first games in small gyms as the depth perception is different). They aren't playing great as a unit yet, but 3/5 of the starting lineup wasn't on the team last year so that shouldn't be a surprise.

I am a bit worried about the energy level at times, but I also see periods of awesome energy.

I think it is pretty impressive that this team is 4-0 despite not playing a full game yet. There is clearly a boatload of talent.

Would you rather be UNC or Indiana or one of the many other teams that has already lost to a serious underdog?

Nice win gents. Now win tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This has been my concern a bit as well. This team just seems to kind of go through the motions until the end of the game when they've needed to turn it on. Thankfully they've found that extra gear late, but their lack of rebounding and indifference at times to playing defense are achilles heels. Add in their penchant for shooting 3s when they have the athleticism to get to the basket for easier looks is maddening at times.

I'm glad we are 4-0, but this team needs to sure up some things or they will lose to the top talented teams. When you see Kentucky blowing teams out by 30+ points then you see the Terps down in every game in the second half (besides the first game), there is some reasons to be concerned. Now the good news is this team is learning how to deal with being down. They don't panic and I'm hoping these games will help the team during league and tourney play.

Gonna miss this one again since my cable provider doesn't offer CBSSN. I can't wait for the matchup with UNC next week so I can DVR it and watch it the next day since it starts at 930 on a work night #firstworldproblems

Seriously, these 930 pm starts on week nights are ridiculous. But, glad that the Terps are relevant again. Thanks Melo!

I will be at the UNC game. I'm pretty jacked up about it.

Awesome. A friend of mine and his buddy are leaving work early Tuesday and driving down from Maryland to catch the game. I was offered to ride along but that is just way too much road trip for just one basketball game and they are thinking about coming back after the game!

I'm guessing everyone is happier with tonight's game? They are absolutely running Rhode Island, who ranked pre-season, off the court. 37-15 right now.

I would be happy if I could see the freaking game, but glad they are taking it to them. Hope that Diamond Stone is showing a little more presence.

VAtech, when you say RI was ranked preseason, what do you mean? I have done no research so I don't know if you mean the actual AP or coaches poll.

The officials were atrocious. The ticky tack fouls are getting irritating and I hope it doesn't affect Stone too much because it seems like it's always him.

He played a decent stretch in the second half at least.

Ceko was bad. He needs to learn how to catch the ball, christ. And he is terrible from the line and has no touch on shots. Hopefully he gets close alot for dunking.

Enjoyed the blowout though.

Loving the transfers. Sulaimon and Carter are just so advanced. And how smart is Trimble? He's Juan Dixon smart. Those three guys plus whatever you get from Layman should make this a special year.

Main concerns are Diamond Stone - he just looks so raw - and Trimble's tendency to draw contact driving to the hoop which is an injury waiting to happen.

Good point above vatech regarding Turgeon's player rotations. We're almost built to win close games versus blowouts.

The commentators said they were ranked in top 25 preseason but I'm guessing it was before their best player tore his ACL. They didn't look good to me at all though they do have a few talented, but limited, players.

Missed that part. I know their defense was talked up quite a bit... we carved them up.

I hope people will stop acting like everything is falling apart now. We have a big challenge upcoming!

I hope we can keep up with UNC.

Archived