Could be a lot of action next week

Frobby

December 3, 2014 -- Nick Markakis signs with the Braves

December 4, 2014 -- Nelson Cruz signs with the Mariners

December 5, 2014 -- Andrew Miller signs with the Yankees

Enjoy your turkey, ladies and gentlemen. The wheels may be turning by late next week.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
December 2, 2015 (same as last year) - Tender/Non-tender deadline

Do we expect anyone to be non-tendered this offseason?

Here is a list of all our arbitration eligible players courtesy of bb-ref and i'll put their estimated 2016 salary number next to the names:

Matusz - 3.4M

Reimold - 900K

Janish - 600K

Tillman - 6.2M

Gonzo - 4.9M

Flaherty - 1.5M

Britton - 6.9M

Worley - 2.7M

Brach - 1.1M

Machado - 5.9M

Lough - 800K

Do we expect anyone to be non-tendered this offseason?

Here is a list of all our arbitration eligible players courtesy of bb-ref and i'll put their estimated 2016 salary number next to the names:

Matusz - 3.4M

Reimold - 900K

Janish - 600K

Tillman - 6.2M

Gonzo - 4.9M

Flaherty - 1.5M

Britton - 6.9M

Worley - 2.7M

Brach - 1.1M

Machado - 5.9M

Lough - 800K

Matusz, Janish, Reimold, Lough, Worley, and Flaherty are all non-tender candidates.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I am getting anxious to see something. Not just talking Orioles but the sport in general.

I thought before i left to go away for awhile that Dan said he expected this year to move faster with signings.

From the Sun:

Honestly, the fact of the matter is this, it's not just the Orioles. There haven't been very many signings or trades of big magnitude around the game, and believe it or not, that's typical this time of the offseason.

Yes, teams are talking to free agents -- we know Scott Boras sat down with Peter Angelos to discuss keeping Davis in an Orioles uniform -- but the real activity doesn' usually pick up until after Thanksgiving.

So the Orioles aren't the only team this week that signed a bunch of guys that most fans have never heard of. This is the time of the offseason when clubs sign five-year minor league free agents to build their organizational depth. It's important.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-minor-league-signings-20151124-story.html

Matusz, Janish, Reimold, Lough, Worley, and Flaherty are all non-tender candidates.

I could see Matusz being non tendered. Janish maybe. I think Flaherty has trade value for a minor leaguer. They probably have to find a replacement for Lough before they release him. I think Reimold and Worley stay.

I doubt they will non-tender anyone making less than $1M. Does Janish have options? If so I expect he'll stay. Lough might go because I'm not exactly sure he provides us with that much value at all at this point.

Matusz would seem like the most likely target but I thought so last year too and he had a better 2015.

No way they non-tender Worley just a month or so after acquiring him.

I doubt they will non-tender anyone making less than $1M. Does Janish have options? If so I expect he'll stay. Lough might go because I'm not exactly sure he provides us with that much value at all at this point.

Matusz would seem like the most likely target but I thought so last year too and he had a better 2015.

No way they non-tender Worley just a month or so after acquiring him.

Janish is a guy that can be retained on a minor league deal.

Worley could be a budget casualty of the Weiters QO. Same as Matusz.

Lough and Reimold have already been removed in the past year.

The NT deadline allows teams to immediately make players free agents instead of going through the DFA process.

Silly questions ...Why would they have picked up Worley just to nontender him? Seems like a really stupid move if they do that.

He was picked up as a DFA waiver claim. It cost them nothing to add him to the roster. And, as I said before, he could be a roster casualty due to Wieters accepting the QO.

Worley is starter depth whether he is in the rotation or not.

The O's need at least eight guys that can start in the majors. Maybe more.

1. Tillman

2. Gausman

3. Jimenez

4. Gonzalez

5. Starter to be acquired.

6. Worley

7. Wilson

8. Chris Jones

Wright is pretty questionable as a starter to begin the season. Gunkel, Lee, Bridwell, Mirandez probably need some time at AAA before they are called up.

Worley probably is ticketed as the long man in the pen/spot starter. I don't see him being non tendered.

Last August the O's ran out of effective starters. It cost them a shot at the playoffs. Its Dan's job to see that does not happen again.

Archived