2016 New York Yankees

weams

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they area a fading entity.

Can't disagree more. They're setting themselves up for another spending rush after next year and the year after. Most of their best players will be in-house by then. Never, ever count the Yankees out - that's what I've learned especially in recent years.

2016 is a year still in flux (and they could still make the playoffs, because Yankees), but consider what things look like for the future by being relatively conservative for a couple offseasons:

- As is, the Yankees are taking $87.1 mil in guaranteed money off the books by 2018, with no additional option money.

- If CC Sabathia spends a lot of time on the DL this year, which can certainly happen, his option does not vest for 2017 and the team saves $20 mil a year early.

- The Yankees are trying to trade Gardner and Miller and if they do, depending on the returns, they shed up to an average of $21.5 mil through 2018.

The team has Betances, Bird, Gregorius, Hicks, Refsnyder, Severino and Shreve all under control until at least 2020. Judge is going to debut this year. And there will be lots and lots of money to play with. Maybe they don't return to championship form, but they will remain competitive.

2016 is a year still in flux (and they could still make the playoffs, because Yankees), but consider what things look like for the future by being relatively conservative for a couple offseasons:

- As is, the Yankees are taking $87.1 mil in guaranteed money off the books by 2018, with no additional option money.

- If CC Sabathia spends a lot of time on the DL this year, which can certainly happen, his option does not vest for 2017 and the team saves $20 mil a year early.

- The Yankees are trying to trade Gardner and Miller and if they do, depending on the returns, they shed up to an average of $21.5 mil through 2018.

The team has Betances, Bird, Gregorius, Hicks, Refsnyder, Severino and Shreve all under control until at least 2020. Judge is going to debut this year. And there will be lots and lots of money to play with. Maybe they don't return to championship form, but they will remain competitive.

They always do... sigh. But as long as we beat them and they don't win a World Series; I'll be ok

• 4 weeks later...
Yes.

Like when Robinson Cano said that he was not happy in Seattle. One of the reasons why he said that he was unhappy was that Seattle/western Washington did not have the Dominican/Latin population that New York City and its surrounding areas had.

He voluntarily left New York for the highest bidder, he knew before he signed the contract that Seattle/western Washington was culturally very different than was New York City ...... and then he wants to cry on peoples' shoulders that he is unhappy to be where he is.

The cojones on some of these people is incredible.

Report: Cano Is Unhappy In Seattle, Would Love To Return To New York

(CBS New York)

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25389192/report-says-cano-unhappy-in-seattle-triggering-unrealistic-rumors

Robinson Cano not Happy in Seattle

(By Andrew Rotondi)

http://bronxpinstripes.com/nyy/robinson-cano-not-happy-in-seattle/

I have to agree. You sign the contract for the biggest amount of money without really giving too much thought to where you're going while that's on you. Honestly, I can't say since I've never been offered that kind of money to do anything let alone play baseball but I have to say this much, geography and community would be something I would consider in choosing a team. Money is important but it's not everything. I don't feel bad for Miller or Cano either. They got their money.

Archived