2016 Tampa Bay Rays

weams

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Days of secretive, closed-door meetings finally given way to results in the Rays Stadium Saga. Under the new proposal, if the team leaves after 2018 they will have to pay the city $24 million.

The rays would also have to pay to help create a master plan for the area around Tropicana Field.

The next step: The St. Petersburg City Council could vote next Thursday.

New Tampa Bay Rays Deal Details Released

(By Mark Rivera)

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2016/01/07/new-tampa-bay-rays-deal-details-imminent/78427662/

• 3 weeks later...
So they were trying their hardest to win in '98, '02, '06 and '07?

Must have just been really unlucky to have the worst record in baseball three times in a six year span.

I think that they had already "Tanked" in 1998 as this was the first year in existence. 2006 and 2007 was the point of changing to the "Maddon" era when it all came together in 2008.

I think that they had already "Tanked" in 1998 as this was the first year in existence. 2006 and 2007 was the point of changing to the "Maddon" era when it all came together in 2008.

I just find it amusing that a team that finished dead last in consecutive seasons in recent history is being touted as not tanking. The game plan in 2006 and 2007 was not to win as many games as they could.

I just find it amusing that a team that finished dead last in consecutive seasons in recent history is being touted as not tanking. The game plan in 2006 and 2007 was not to win as many games as they could.

CoC,

I see the venom on this board for the Orioles FO and ownership, how some of their moves don't work, or lack of moves, spending money wrongly, etc.

Then I think about some other teams, like Tampa, and wonder do their fans act the same way.

CoC,

I see the venom on this board for the Orioles FO and ownership, how some of their moves don't work, or lack of moves, spending money wrongly, etc.

Then I think about some other teams, like Tampa, and wonder do their fans act the same way.

The Rays fans I know, and yes I do know some, are pretty much resigned to having a very low payroll.

They are a pretty realistic lot with moderate expectations.

Archived