MD vs Michigan - Jan 12

murph

Trimble is playing BY FAR the worst game of his MD career and Sulaimon is also struggling yet the game is tied.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michigan defense has exposed a few holes for us tonight too.... You may have been right that we need a loss to teach us a lesson. Relying on our talent alone a bit to much I think. Would like to see them pull this one out though

Why did Ram get so much playing time? No Brantley? I miss Dion Wiley.

Was nice to finally see Layman shoot well. I like when Diamond Stone is dominant like that.

If Trimble is indeed injured then he needs to sit. Now is the time he can rest and get ready for late February and March.

He needed a really good on ball defender that could eliminate the three and stop the drive. Ram did a good job at that, but he certainly hurt us on offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very true. I like Ram and his defense is indeed very good, although he got broke on that last Michigan possession which led to the miss and free throws. If he could shoot that would be nice.

Also a little disappointed with the way Nickens has played this year. He had a couple of really nice games but looks a bit lost out there. He's a spot up shooter for the most part but has been clanking recently. I'm hoping he'll get it together.

I'm just a little puzzled at the player rotation Turgeon is using right now. I didn't see much Dodd or Cekovsky - althogh obviously Stone and Carter are preferred.

I think this team goes with Trimble, and to an extent Sulaimon. I can't stress enough that if Trimble is injured he should be recuperating.

Sorry this is no Final Four team. We can't defend 3s to save our life or get important rebounds when we need them. Aside from Melo, the outside shooting is still spotty at best and our bench is thinner than tissue paper. West Virginia would have killed us last night if we had played them. Michigan State will be next. Fear the Turtle? Bah, what a joke:cool:

Your trolling this team after a loss act is getting old.

Sorry this is no Final Four team. We can't defend 3s to save our life or get important rebounds when we need them. Aside from Melo, the outside shooting is still spotty at best and our bench is thinner than tissue paper. West Virginia would have killed us last night if we had played them. Michigan State will be next. Fear the Turtle? Bah, what a joke:cool:

That's a pretty pessimistic view of a team with two losses on the road this year. This might not be a Final Four team, but it certainly has the potential to be a Final Four team. Our bench is thin in the back court, but our front court bench is pretty solid and we have a lot of options to score. Layman and Stone were very good last night and Carter was solid. We lost by 3 points when Trimble and Suliamon were absolutely terrible most of the game.

In other thoughts, I'm not sure what's going on with Brantley but either he was sick, hurt, or under some kind of "suspension" because it made no sense for Ram to get all of those minutes last night. Ram is a nice little story, but if he's playing significant minutes in a Big 10 game in which we aren't blowing someone out there's a problem.

Lastly, I really would like to see Turgeon actually coach up a play late in the game or coming out of a break once in awhile. I also would like to see him to get his team to play a little smarter down the stretch in games.

Archived