Questions for the OH on Orioles Minor Leaguers and the draft

TheOtherRipken

I've been on these boards for years and have gotten some really good info from it in the past. For example, because of OH I knew that the 2013 draft was Catcher deep in terms of talent. I knew Jonathan Schoop and Eduardo Rodriguez years before they were talked about. Here are a few questions I was hoping some of the people in the know could answer:

1) For those who have seen them play, who between Christian Walker and Trey Mancini has a better shot (if any) at changing positions and being successful at that new position?

2) Who are the Orioles minor leaguers that are getting not enough attention and should be watched going into 2016?

3) Who are the next O's international prospects who you are legit excited about (besides Jomar Reyes?)

4) What are the strengths in the 2016 draft? How is the draft class in general (weak, strong, top heavy, back heavy, position heavy, etc)? Is there anyone you hope the Os can target?

I've been on these boards for years and have gotten some really good info from it in the past. For example, because of OH I knew that the 2013 draft was Catcher deep in terms of talent. I knew Jonathan Schoop and Eduardo Rodriguez years before they were talked about. Here are a few questions I was hoping some of the people in the know could answer:

1) For those who have seen them play, who between Christian Walker and Trey Mancini has a better shot (if any) at changing positions and being successful at that new position?

2) Who are the Orioles minor leaguers that are getting not enough attention and should be watched going into 2016?

3) Who are the next O's international prospects who you are legit excited about (besides Jomar Reyes?)

4) What are the strengths in the 2016 draft? How is the draft class in general (weak, strong, top heavy, back heavy, position heavy, etc)? Is there anyone you hope the Os can target?

1) I have been told that both of them are First-basemen/DH's. Period. Since none of us have watched either of these players play anywhere else, I'll go with that.

2) The team is positionally week throughout the minors. I'd go with the write-ups that Tony and Chris did for all of them since there has been no action to evaluate them from since.

3) Again, See the write-ups. Also, I like Ariel Miranda from Cuba myself.

4) Stotle and eb45 would have good answers.

Archived