Orioles acquired RHP Odrisamer Despaigne

TeamSchoop6

Orioles acquired RHP Odrisamer Despaigne from the Padres for RHP Jean Cosme.

Despaigne posted an ugly 5.80 ERA, 1.39 WHIP, and 69/32 K/BB ratio in 125 2/3 innings last season for the Padres, but he carries a minor league option and gives the O's some much-needed organizational pitching depth. The 28-year-old right-hander will probably open the 2016 season at Triple-A Norfolk, unless he can secure a long-relief role with a strong showing this spring. He does have experience as a starter too.

Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty spiffy 2014 numbers in 16 starts. Let's see if they can get him back on track.

Home runs doubled in 2015, H:9 saw a big bump and K:9 dropped from an already meager total. Those are concerning. If the staff thinks they know the cause, he should be able to get back to form. I like this move well enough, but hope he and Worely aren't the headline moves for the rotation.

Home runs doubled in 2015, H:9 saw a big bump and K:9 dropped from an already meager total. Those are concerning. If the staff thinks they know the cause, he should be able to get back to form. I like this move well enough, but hope he and Worely aren't the headline moves for the rotation.

I think people keep forgetting about Wilson & Wright, too.

Archived