Let's Have Some Fury

Eddie_Ripken

To add to, or steal (haha) Millertime's idea of naming your all time favorite O's let's name the players you despised through history. Again, name as many or as few as you want.

Mine:

1. Mark Williamson

I swear the dude blew every game he ever came into. LOL

2. Glenn Davis

For obvious reasons but also I saw him totally blow off every fan waiting for autographs one time. Not saying all players need to sign all the time but this was behind OPACY the year it opened. Other players were signing

and he walked right past and tried to ignore everyone. Needless to say as he was walking away he got lambasted from some folks.

That's all I can think of right now.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

There is only one player that I truly disliked while he was playing for the Orioles.

That player is Kevin Gregg.

Although, I admit that I admired what he did against David Ortiz and the Red Sox in Fenway Park 4 and-a-half years ago.

o

There is only one player that I truly disliked while he was playing for the Orioles.

Although, I admit that I admired what he did against David Ortiz and the Red Sox in Fenway Park 4 and-a-half years ago.

I was pretty ticket at Robby Alomar when he played here, after he spat on the umpire.

But, since the Ump in question has forgiven him, I guess its pointless to carry my dislike any further.

Let's just say, I am not willing to list him as one of my favs.

To add to, or steal (haha) Millertime's idea of naming your all time favorite O's let's name the players you despised through history. Again, name as many or as few as you want.

Mine:

1. Mark Williamson

I swear the dude blew every game he ever came into. LOL

2. Glenn Davis

For obvious reasons but also I saw him totally blow off every fan waiting for autographs one time. Not saying all players need to sign all the time but this was behind OPACY the year it opened. Other players were signing

and he walked right past and tried to ignore everyone. Needless to say as he was walking away he got lambasted from some folks.

That's all I can think of right now.

Dang, Williamson was a very valuable arm and even part of Oriole History with pitching in a 3 pitcher no hitter.

Keep in mind, he was mind, when he showed up in the 3rd or 4th inning, the game was probably already gone.

I remember 89, he was 10-5 with 9 saves, 2.93 ERA and 117 innings of relief and appeared in 65 games.

I was pretty ticket at Robby Alomar when he played here, after he spat on the umpire.

But, since the Ump in question has forgiven him, I guess its pointless to carry my dislike any further.

Let's just say, I am not willing to list him as one of my favs.

Kevin Gregg was the only one for me.

Dang, Williamson was a very valuable arm and even part of Oriole History with pitching in a 3 pitcher no hitter.

Keep in mind, he was mind, when he showed up in the 3rd or 4th inning, the game was probably already gone.

I remember 89, he was 10-5 with 9 saves, 2.93 ERA and 117 innings of relief and appeared in 65 games.

Yeah...Williamson did have a few pretty good seasons.

The one reliever that I could just never stand was Terry Matthews. That guy was like throwing jet fuel on the fire.

Baseball players I come close to despising are guys like Rocher, Papelbon, ARoid, Big Poopie, Joey Bats, etc. I can't think of any O's plsyer who was anything like those guys. I do think that the most painful game I've ever had to sit through was one of Steve Trashman's excruciating gems.

The one reliever that I could just never stand was Terry Matthews. That guy was like throwing jet fuel on the fire.

Yea, I think overall Williamson was OK, just for some reason my perception of him was what you are saying about Mathews.

Baseball players I come close to despising are guys like Rocher, Papelbon, ARoid, Big Poopie, Joey Bats, etc. I can't think of any O's plsyer who was anything like those guys. I do think that the most painful game I've ever had to sit through was one of Steve Trashman's excruciating gems.

I was never an Albert Belle fan, even when he was here, but I didnt despise him, like the peeps you mentioned that are truly despicable.

Now this would be a fantastic Indy band name.

o

Very few things in baseball are as infuriating as having a really bad closer. So yes, Gregg is on my list, as is Mike Timlin. And Jeff Stone infuriated me in 1988 by dropping a routine fly ball in the 9th inning that allowed the Royals to extend the Orioles' 8-game losing streak to 9, on the way to 21.

We had a lefty here for a little while, hard thrower, 100 MPH, but with no movement, hitters would launch that bad boy for tape measure shots, think we ended up trading him to Boston, never can remember his name. I hated seeing him come into a game.

Very few things in baseball are as infuriating as having a really bad closer. So yes, Gregg is on my list, as is Mike Timlin. And Jeff Stone infuriated me in 1988 by dropping a routine fly ball in the 9th inning that allowed the Royals to extend the Orioles' 8-game losing streak to 9, on the way to 21.

I still cant stand Todd Zeile and his throwing the stupid ball into the ground during game six of the ALCS here in 96. I was at that game, and dang, still remember that stupid play.

Archived