Pressbox: Dan Duquette about the Orioles' upcoming season. Tune into @ABC2NEWS at 10:30 a.m.

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Today on "Inside PressBox," <a href="https://twitter.com/StanTheFan">@StanTheFan</a> chats with Dan Duquette about the Orioles' upcoming season. Tune into <a href="https://twitter.com/ABC2NEWS">@ABC2NEWS</a> at 10:30 a.m.</p>— PressBox (@PressBoxOnline) <a href="

">February 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not too much interesting. He did say Kim is a better hitter than Kang, but Kang has more power. Said Kim's power is getting better and he lead the league in putouts which for a LF is impressive. He seems to be real high on Kim.

I seriously doubt that he led the league in putouts for all positions. That would pretty much have to be first baseman, wouldn't it? Or possibly a catcher. My guess is that he meant that Kim led the league's left fielders in putouts. That's good, but is probably more based on games played than fielding prowess, IMO.

I seriously doubt that he led the league in putouts for all positions. That would pretty much have to be first baseman, wouldn't it? Or possibly a catcher. My guess is that he meant that Kim led the league's left fielders in putouts. That's good, but is probably more based on games played than fielding prowess, IMO.

I would think he meant he led the league for OFers, or LFers as you say.

I meant to say all OF.

Makes better sense. Thanks.

I think the only way a corner OF leads his league in OF putouts is if all the CF's miss a significant number of games. Rickey Henderson led the AL once, but his total was quite low compared to the number normally required to lead the league.

I meant to say all OF.
It's certainly true that it would be unusual for a corner OF to lead all outfielders in putouts.
I'm guessing he led left fielders.

I've now heard the interview, which is linked in the PressBoxOnline thread posted this morning. Dan definitely said that Kim led all outfielders in his league in putouts. He made the point that normally you expect a CF to lead the league in putouts.

Watching Kim looks to me like it will be the most interesting story of the spring.

Archived